CSA DOES NOT WORK

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by HopeOverMope, Jan 11, 2020.

1. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    And you kind of misread what you quoted. He said he’s not going to watch a 18min video and to write on here what happened so it would be quicker to read. That’s what the convenience was, to type it all up after making a video on it.

Your right on the attention span part though.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    So the fair thing would have been to just let it go?

4. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    I just rethought you’re question too. That’s a weird question. The question is “In what way did OOS contribute to CSA?”

why would you ask it the other way around? I never said because of csa I’m OOS, just that the csa system doesn’t work. It doesn’t account for safety, only violations.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  5. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    or give me a quick chance to fix it or to see if it was just something minor, which it was. Especially when everything else is tip top.

but see what doesn’t work is csa. I wouldn’t go as far as “let me go/ let it go” , fine me or whatever. Collect the data for future enforcement and intervention but do not make it public!

So Now my csa score is super ugly off one event, will probably increase my difficulty of getting loaded with my current customers, and will probably not allow me to get set up with new ones. The Werner driver next to me was probably 25 years old, and pushing 300lbs+, neck the size of a watermelon. DOT, do you think he’s getting under his truck? Does he know how to fix anything? How to pretrip for real? Doubt it. Right now he’s considered safer then me. And I put my own money up.

That’s all I’m saying. Raising awareness about this CSA Scoring system and how it does not work! They admitted themselves, and now I must catch the blunt end as I figure a way to be considered “safe” again and do business. I’m not saying to stop inspecting trucks. | We have to many self righteousness truckers out here that are state police boot lickers. Or system supporters. State police has to much impact on csa scores, csa scores have to much impact on future business and insurance cost.

ITS JUST LIKE HEALTH! doctors don’t care about healthy food, and the food industry doesn’t care about health. But since they’re both “regulated” and people are “certified and trained” that makes it ok. Sheep! Sheep! Sheep!

anyways I love trucking! I’ve been doing it my whole adult life, trucking saved my life. I got in at 21, I’m 29 now, started my llc and leased at 22, by 23 I was at Landstar with my own truck. I’ve been in this business almost my whole adult life!

SmallPackage Thanks this.
  6. wichris

Jan 17, 2011
    But if it had been a good inspection you would have praised the system? That would have gave you a perfect score.

7. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Defiantly would not have praised the system, I’ve been against it ever since I experienced its flaws. I would of just got up out of there and been thankful and kept it going.

8. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Why is almost everybody so far, deflecting the meat and potatoes of this topic and nitpicking me??? Are we on the same planet? Does no one care lol? The elephant in the room is being avoided my goodness. I’ll have a better success reaching people outside of trucking better than I will with a lot of real truckers on here. But then again I don’t expect real reciprocation of understanding unless your really out here, with your own authority, putting up your own money, research and effort up. Or are at least an o/o of some kind, especially the ones that dispatch themselves, and work for strict companies like Landstar.

please do not mistake me as a cry baby, I’ve been holding this back for a LONNNNG time. And last night just tipped me up. This is good for all of us, please do not stay asleep and ignore these problems. It affects the greater trucking brotherhood. Just like I don’t like to hear company guys getting coherced and all of that. Bad mouth dispatchers from company to company. This CSA thing is more for small carriers but it’s a real issue that needs to be improved. It’s another PLOY from mega companies to drive us out, the real competition, the competent better service providing ones.

9. wichris

Jan 17, 2011
    Well, the fact is that the only time you have had an inspection there was something wrong. Have good inspections and the score will get better. I've had trucks since we were regulated, i fight to keep our scores good. Just seems like it's always "the only time i'm inspected is when somethings wrong"

10. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Look, I’m glad it works for you. And for some reason you aren’t seeing through my substance on here to see I’m not one of “those guys”. I always fight to keep my score “right”. But the thing is now, yeah my score will get better, but in the mean-time, how much business do I lose? I’m up for insurance renewal in February, how does that affect my rates. How long will it take to get my score back down. This is the unnecessary, ineffective side affect of CSA, and another part of the proof of why this system doesn’t work. I AM safe, like one the epitome’s of it. That’s all right, think what you want, and accept the system I guess. I’ll fight through this difficult time like I have in the past and be more than ok.

but the passion and first hand experience I have in this, trucking needs someone like me up in OOIDA, or higher places to fight the good fight for us. Because this is unacceptable, not logical, and not rooted in common sense. Like many of our other issues and practices in OUR industry.

11. wichris

Jan 17, 2011
    No, you were put out of service for something that was un-safe, just like any other carrier regardless of the number of trucks they have.

So what is your solution? Someone with one truck get's to be placed OOS what, 2-3-5-10 times before it counts?

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.