CSA DOES NOT WORK

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by HopeOverMope, Jan 11, 2020.

1. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    If you can get me out of the picture for one second to look at the bigger picture is what I’m rallying about. The skewed ratios. What about swift, what about every other mega who KILLS people yearly. You justify them by picking on me. I already owned up to my little deal, and I said I was not losing brake pressure while the motor was on. What planet are you on????

safety score should not be merely based off vehicle maintenance, which right now it basically is. State police extort. State police are petty. How many trucks you got? I’m not usually disrespectful to fleet owners. But it sounds like you have enough trucks to make an easier ratio, and have gotten into a comfort zone. There’s a world outside of your world. Why do you keep picking on me? This is a bigger picture issue and my experience I’ve already owned up to.

we need a faster reduction of points. You’ve been avoiding one of my MAIN points lol, if the goal is a safer road, and I produce those RESULTS, then it’s mission accomplished, ACCOUNT for my safety. Or at the very least don’t make my information public. There’s a better way to do this. You don’t make a man safe by not rewarding his safety, making his customers nervous, over a very minor quick fix. That’s how you encourage ROUGE behavior actually, because many people feel like whatever they do, it will just not be enough.

disoba Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    @HopeOverMope. Good job. I’m with you on this. I don’t get why some guys like to pass blame and can’t see the fact that ANYTHING no matter how small it is can screw you in an inspection. A lot of it you well not be able to know about till you get stopped for the inspection.
    Example= cruising along and one of your tail lights stops working for whatever reason. Unless you get out of truck and look at your rear everytime you put on blinky to change lanes or slow down with brake peddle at highway speeds since there isn't a gauge or warning on the computer on dash to tell you light not working i guess it is your fault. Lol.
    Even a visible nail or screw in a tire you may have picked up just a mile down the road from the inspection can mean oos. Shoulda known about that one too you outlaw. Lol!
    Csa is flawed and it will get them one day and they well finally understand as they get blamed by others like them and so on and on.

4. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Exactly! Thank you

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  5. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I’ve personally had only 6 inspections ( 3 were random roadsides and 3 were in house chicken coup “safety promotion campaign” inspections ) in 26 years of driving. Oos only once and other than mudflaps one inch too short no fines. Never asked for any of them and wasn’t stopped once because as someone above
    Said “something was wrong” I Was put out of service once for steer axle brake chamber that was out of adjustment on stroke by 1/8 of an inch. Still worked fine. I even adjusted it back into spec even though the “Certified Inspector” said it was imposible to do that with auto slacks. He checked it and signed off but the oos still stood.
    It was my fault for using the brakes off and on for the 250 miles since i inspected them for that mornings pre-trip otherwise it may have stayed in adjustment. Lol!

6. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Yessir! Yeah it’s pretty crazy, we need laws of course, but we also need an accountability system that works and accounts for safety, experience, common sense, and in house responsibilities we have such as compliance paperwork. Just a very skewed system right now that lets the big orange carrier kill people and the small guys with all the Milwaukee tools get blamed unsafe, and now find work harder to get lol. thanks

SmallPackage Thanks this.
  7. HopeOverMope

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Of course one little thread is not going to change much probably. But at the very least it’s a record of events, may plant the seed in the minds of us on here and others, and might reach the right person at the right time further up the pyramid. One things for sure, not speaking up almost never changes anything.

SmallPackage Thanks this.
  8. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    You know another thing I just thought of on this subject and it might be trivial because I don’t believe they really mean anything. I’ve been told by dot cops that they don’t really give you a “get out of jail free” at a coup or keep you from another inspection during that quarter. You could get multiple inspections everyday if the dot wanted to. It is those shiney colorful numbered inspection windshield stickers. I’ve never been given one ever without having to ask for one and 4 out of the 6 times they either didn't have any or didn't know what I was talking about.

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    CSA does suck. It only targets the little guy. If you're a can hauler in Memphis, count on an inspection everytime. Log haulers in Mississippi and Alabama, its over with. Small companies, owner ops, big trouble. When I worked for a small company, I got inspected multiple times. They always had to dig hard to violations and oftentimes it was something that I didn't even think about in a pre trip. They will come up with new violations every time. That's why I cant remember them all. Too many.

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  10. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods

11. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    I'm with what you're saying, and like with most things now-a-days there's just no common sense anymore.

30 years ago, if that would have happened, or a bulb out, or swindle sheet a little behind, or a brake just a little out of adjustment, you know minor stuff, they would have just told you to fix it then and there if you could, no paper writing was necessary.

Now, everything's about stats and allotted budget money, quantity of inspections, not quality, is todays flavor.

Years ago, I hauled wood chips, 3-4 loads a day, to the paper plant, always overweight, only one road in and out, scale boys would set up there and nail you, easy pickens, but they realized you, like them, were just trying to earn an honest living. You were told to make a photocopy of the ticket and keep it in the truck, as it was good for 30 days and they'd let you pass next time.....

You'll be OK, I know it sucks, but it's only one OOS. I can tell you take pride in your equipment and your safety record. Like the time the rabbi told the pregnant girl, "this too will pass."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.