CSA question

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Aditransport, Nov 1, 2012.

1. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Ummm....

Link

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    DOT gave you a "driver fatigue" violation because you parked on a ramp?

4. EZX1100

Aug 18, 2012
    thats the best part of the justice of this whole thing

and you cant contest a warning, so you are stuck

5. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    Actually you're wrong:

1) There's no such thing as "points"

2) The time multiplier is different for the 7 basics and wether it is carrier or driver score

3) The "falling off" also depends on the basic and carrier or driver score

6. Jseney12078

Jseney12078 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Gloversville, NY
    Starline, that's what this beautiful glossy full page brochure was about. For instance stop light out was 5 points, no seat belt was 10. It explained very clearly that it was 3x amount the first year and stayed with u for three years, reducing like u said. I cannot find it, but really didn't pay too much attention to it. My personal score has been zero, however company I'm leased to is on Notice for crash. Too many too soon. I cannot back up in writing what I said so I recinded. Thanks for backing me up on this. CSA and FHSA have begun to shut companies down across the country and will not let them open under another name or authority. This will be serious for people who ignore it and think it doesn't affect them. Everybody needs to understand this, the driver personaly has a score, seperately the company is a percentage based on industry. The driver can get a letter personaly putting him on Notice and a copy will go to the carrier he works for. So has an owner operator, your company falls into the percentage bracket with the rest of the carriers, you has the driver fall into, however you want to say it, being assest points. The reason why I know it lasts three years, personally has a driver my last violation just fell off my score dated October 25, 2009. My score finally has a driver not a company owner, is 0. Everyone needs to distinguish between the 2 and seperate them.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    Starline Thanks this.
  7. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    Yap 392.2Pk Unlawfully parking. I was I'm LA fog was so bad I stopped because I couldn't see and I had only been there 30min I was in the seat when he walked up he was a total a hole he told me I should of had flashers on and safety triangles with in 15 min of me pulling up there. Was a $75 ticket just pissed me off I turned on my flashers and triangles and stayed there the rest of the night

8. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    I believe they removed parking violations from CSA, as well as weight violations.

9. Irv

Irv Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2012
    No I am not..... I will dig thru the CSA propaganda to prove you wrong when I get some time.

10. EZX1100

Aug 18, 2012
    i can understand the parking ticket, but how did it become "driver fatigue"?

11. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    Wish you can tell me where else would it go?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.