CTL Transportation, LLC - Mulberry, FL.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by orevgym, Aug 20, 2006.

1. firedriver

firedriver Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Parrish
    The company is ok, low pay and management is easy going and a great place to start to get experience. Just be careful with the truck you drive. Some of them have a management system that watches you and your driving behavior which if they don't like it or the truck alerts you will get called in and maybe loose a day or two of pay or worst your job. So all in all the company is a good place to work.

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bristol

Bristol Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Florida
    I heard they lost their Mosaic contract? That will hurt CTL since their main business is in phosphate.

4. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    I herd Dillen got it had a ad on cr for 75 drivers.

5. sprizo

sprizo Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Las Vegas
    First company I worked for out of Roadmaster. Did two years there. Learned alot. Hauled almost all the materials they delivered. Everyone at the company were fantastic, and easy to work with. The pay is poor, the equipment was decent. I then moved on to hauling fuel. Much more pay, and cleaner environment. In closing, you could do alot worse. CTL gets a big thumbs up!

xlsdraw and 123456 Thank this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Thank You,

Master !

:biggrin_2559:

7. Spacecoast

Spacecoast Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Palm Bay, Fl
    When you say the pay is poor, how much are you talking about? Average weekly take home...

8. sprizo

sprizo Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Las Vegas
    This was back in 2002, but it was around 10-12 hour days, and you grossed approx. $95.00. It was a great company for the experience, but after two years I got the hell out of there.

9. Bristol

Bristol Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Florida
    I have had several friends that worked there. The company gives you a window of 12 hour shifts to get your loads in. The company preaches safety. At the same time they pay a percentage of the load and the pay is cheap. One friends told me there is no way you can make your loads without speeding and making shortcuts. He also said if you turn over or get speeding tickets they get rid of you. CTL did lose their contract with Mosaic. Dillon Transport got the contract. CTL had the contract for many years and all of a sudden Mosaic changed. I think there might be more to the story than what was in the paper. I read in the paper that most of their drivers will be laid off.

10. The Gipper

The Gipper Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2013
    TX
    CTL did lose the Mosaic contract. As of March 1st it will be Dillon hauling their loads and from what I've been told CTL will not haul for Mosaic without a new contract. Two weeks after I was hired I got a letter stating myself and 83 other drivers would be fired after the current contract expires.

I'm a new driver who took the job for the tanker experience but was lied to about the pay. I was told 4 loads a day for 5 days would pay $600 which equals $30 per load. First pay check shows $25 per load leaving me to work. 6 days to make up the different. None the less I am thankful for the opportunity and pray it leads to an oil field job

11. The Gipper

The Gipper Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2013
    TX
    Most Mulberry drivers have allready left including the ones that did not receive a termination letter. Not sure what state this leaves CTL in at least in the central Florida area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.