cummins isx 2250 backward

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by chupacabra, Apr 2, 2023.

1. chupacabra

chupacabra Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2014
    that damage could cause an engine cummins 2013 2250 that works for a couple of seconds work backwards a bump and works well two seconds and turns off find a lot of oil after the turbo I think it was the turbo but does not come from inside the cylinder head?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Movingismylifeilovemoving

Movingismylifeilovemoving Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Pull the vgt actuator and see if the turbo is seized?

When my turbo went out the truck would start and them die immediately, but it acted like it was running out of fuel.

When ot didn't go on starting fluid I knew it wasn't a fuel issue

chupacabra Thanks this.
  4. chupacabra

Mar 11, 2014
    the engine began to lose a lot of strength , asked regen, by DOC DPF face blocked ,the turbo was no longer heard, the accelerator was locked stickie when I made the changes I put the insite asked for a generation, it was started to do but around 10 minutes I aborted, it and I went to the workshop they told me that almost all the injectors were not working we changed them but start the engine the shot the smoke for the intake much black and white, but work backwards now i hear a big noise like conecting rod oh bent valve . timing is good ,pressure is around over 1200 does not start ,i herd big noise .after doser i see alot mud oil but rare i see it is coolent green phosphorescent but the my engine used red , you think can be produce another damage like diesel pump ?

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    If you're running red coolant then that green stuff sounds like A/C refrigerant dye. Might have blown an A/C line from running the compressor backwards.

I'm not familiar with Cummins but the only real way to get a modern diesel to run backwards is by messing with injection timing. Wondering if a timing ring or a cam gear was able to slip, causing it to run backwards?

chupacabra Thanks this.
  6. chupacabra

Mar 11, 2014
    I wonder I also thought it was AC liquid but as it is inside the exhaust pipe ?oh maybe can be BIOdisel comvert in this color .with engine oil after the turbo, morning I will take pictures for you to see ,I think cylinder head failure oh some valve seal oh is broken my head, 34 years ago I had a similar problem with a 3406A model, work back and ruined the pump of diesel, thank you very much

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.