Cummins ISX CM871 Technical discussion

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Rawze, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warp9now

warp9now Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Gilbert, AZ
    Okay, it's been a while, but had to get some photos sent in from the road. Nope, not backwards lines. Supply to bypass is coming from a connection on the spin on oil filter housing. There are two cast ports there, and we are in the right most of those two. The bypass return was plumbed into a port on the block right above the oil pan - about 3 inches right of the spin on filter and about 1" above the oil pan flange surface. I assume this is a spare/alternate dipstick location if you put the ISX into a different truck. So, from a connection perspective, it "looks" right, but I have no idea if those locations points are problematic or not (don't know what oil passages they connect to). Is the port on the filter casting really a pressurized port, is it stealing too much oil from the spin on, and is the return truly just a through block passage that will dump oil back into the pan. Looks like a trip to Cummins is the answer. I assume that by pass filters are used all the time in one form or another with the ISX.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zmey25

zmey25 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2014
    i have volvo 2009 cumm.isx cm871, but there is no "regen" button in a cab. if i,ll need perform "forsed regen", how can i do that? thanks in advanse

4. bjytech

bjytech Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Ohio
    If there is no switch for it in the cab the only way to do it is to hook it up to a computer with cummins insite

5. Duramaxxed

Duramaxxed Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bourbonnais, IL
    It can be accessed through the info display too. It has to be turned on in the volvo info display.

6. zmey25

zmey25 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2014
    duramaxxed thank you. i guess i have this option in my info display. bjytech thank you too

7. zmey25

zmey25 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Hey ,guys. Does anybody knows is there any book [full info] about cummins isx cm 871 EGR/DPF. I wanna learn everything about this engine-all parts,sensors,how do they work, making truck rolling,how EGR system works. Everiting, starting from zero, like 1st grade student.So far i know a very little about this engine... so sad. Thank you

8. Big Lou

Big Lou Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Tampa, Florida
    Go to a website Rawze.com. He has everything you want to know about that engine and every part sensor. Everything. You can PM me I can tell you more if interested.

Blind Driver Thanks this.
  9. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    Wow...there really is such a place !!!

10. Big Lou

Big Lou Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Tampa, Florida
    Blind did you check it out.

11. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    Yup. Everything a ISX owner needs is right there :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.