cummins isx new turbo and thrownig code

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by gregor, Dec 26, 2012.

1. gregor

gregor Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    chicago,il
    pawpaw appreciate you help, you seem you have huge knowlege, also other guys in this thread trying to help, thank you all, i feel i do almost everything to my truck , one thing left CAC.....but first i need to see what will happen after all air leaks are fixed and turbo has proper supply pressure ,its all about money,saving not spending and throwing parts ....i will post next week

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pawpaw1

pawpaw1 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    Cool ! LOL! So your problem was air leaks . I'm glad for you ! Come work on my air leaks ! Mine leaks down to 90 PSI within 2 hours .
    So now you'll go By-By , and we'll never hear from you again. Dang !

4. gregor

gregor Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    chicago,il
    yeepppp im glad and happy but let me try with loaded trauiler tommorow, i hope air leaks were my problem but lets see.....and of course i wont go bye bye :)) cuz maybe someone else need help and will have similar problems as i had so i will be more than happy to help ,this site is for people and to help people so we need to keep together and share whaat we got

5. gregor

gregor Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    chicago,il
    btw do you have front air suspension?????

6. pawpaw1

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    Nope ! I have a KW . No front air suspension on 2006 models.

7. gregor

gregor Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    chicago,il
    next update , no turbo boost change, its about the same......but engine gain a bit in throttle response, no other leaks found beside this one, turbo controller has pretty big leak from the top ......new one is around 800$ ....anyone found some ideas how to fix or rebuild this thing??? found some guy in palatine,il ( 5 miles from me ) who sells reman. turbo controllers for 300 $ ,anybody try this one ??? is it worth it??

8. pawpaw1

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    Well ,if I didn't suggest it to you before , I will now . I got one from him , it works like a new one , at half the cost . He'll knock $60.00 off , for your old one , if its rebuildable .
    If you haven't done the soapy water test yet , like I suggested , do it first !
    Good luck !

gregor Thanks this.
  9. gregor

gregor Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    chicago,il
    i guess you did.....i tested with soapy water today morning and that #### leak is pretty big so im gonna try this cheaper option from this guy

10. pawpaw1

Sep 9, 2011
    Dallas,Ga.
    Gregor , I meant for you to do the soapy water test on the rubber boots , between your turbo , and the charge air cooler on the passenger side , and the boots between your charge air cooler and your intake manifold , on the drivers side. Do you do that ????

gregor Thanks this.
  11. gregor

gregor Light Load Member

May 13, 2011
    chicago,il
    ok its simple and easy and worth a try ,i'll do it on monday

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.