Curious about ATS

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by Nu skool, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Nu skool

Nu skool Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    I've been thinking about moving over to ATS from tango transport. I was curious if I could some up to date help about this decision. How's their l/o program or being a company hand. I think I've went over every aspect of their web page. I just don't know how old that page currently is. So some opinions can be a good thing right. I'm mostly interested in the flatbed side of the house. Thank you for your time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. perufb

perufb Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Chazy,NY
    Good company to work for, I was there for a year. Not a great place to start if you dont have any flatbed exp.

4. Nu skool

Nu skool Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Nah, I got a years worth of flatbed

5. perufb

perufb Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Chazy,NY
    You shouldnt have any problems then. Good pay, good equipment.

6. Nu skool

Nu skool Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Well that's good but it also depends on the dispatcher. You have a bad apple, then you go rotten broke.

7. perufb

perufb Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Chazy,NY
    Yea I know what you mean, I never had a problem with any of them, even the weekend dispatch was good.

8. Nu skool

Nu skool Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    So far that's been the real good thing about tango, I've yet to set. They already have me ore planned on another load when I send in a loaded call

9. perufb

perufb Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Chazy,NY
    Sounds like you have it pretty good there. Idk what they pay but you aren't going to start any higher than .40cpm with ATS.

10. Nu skool

Nu skool Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Yea, but the only reason they don't sit is because majority of the freight is paper. Vans do not challenge me. I can't be lazy my whole life and hold a steering for the next 40 yrs. not mention it's not in nature. Some drivers can be 400 lbs but I can't.

11. perufb

perufb Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Chazy,NY
    yea I hear ya, If I was you I would look in Lonestar if you wan the oversize work or Melton if you just want flatbed. Both of them could prob get you home easier and pays about the same, prob a little better at lonestar.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.