Curious about CR England

Discussion in 'CR England' started by inverse, Mar 21, 2013.

1. JustinWaterboro

JustinWaterboro Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Porter, ME
    The reason I said 6-9 mos is any semi-decent company is not going to hire a driver fresh out of school with no exp. The average new driver will more than likely have an accident (DOT reportable/non-reportable) within their first 6-9 mos driving.
    The reason I was saying a 2 week notice is that you are suppose to be a professional and that is common courtesy (spelling ?) to give at least 2 weeks notice. Remember you are suppose to be better than they are...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I wouldn't recommend giving a two week with England. They are most likely to release you no where near your hometown. Plus giving a two week is just so you can come back to your previous employer. If I go back to England it means I hit rock bottom.

4. newtruckerwife84

newtruckerwife84 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    There are actually quite a few good companies who do hire recent CDL grads and all those companies have better reviews and better start pay than CRE. Maybe if he does decide to go with CRE he will start another thread about his orientation.

5. Child of God

Child of God Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Coeburn VA
    Why did you even bother to ask the question if your mind was already made up? Unbelievable! Just make sure than within the next two months (the time it will take you to realize that you should have listened to the 4+ pages of warnings about CR) you stop in and tell us all about the wonders of CR!

superpet39 and Harbinger117 Thank this.
  6. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Did you at least get the truck at the end of the flease?

Yase12278 Thanks this.
  7. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Ya I got the truck. I am with Landstar now.

8. AchioteCoyote

AchioteCoyote Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2011
    West Jordan, Utah
    Yeah.... pretty much the same thing here, too. They didn't flinch, bat an eye, ask me to stay, or thank me for the time I spent with them.

Like they say.... for each driver that leaves C.R. England, there are three more coming in as a new trainee.

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  9. newtruckerwife84

newtruckerwife84 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    Soooo inverse..how's CR treating you? haven't heard anything. Did you decide to go with a better school?

10. semiret

semiret Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    N/A
    I read this thread with quite a bit of interest and could not believe Inverses' responses to your well meaning advice. It almost seemed like he was just trying to keep things stirred up

I wonder if he was just a troll

11. cburton04

cburton04 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2013
    what happen to the trainers?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.