Current Drivers w/ GTI

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by teampitts3, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Braazooka

Braazooka Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Orlando FL
    How is the freight going for teams? To they have dedicated freight for teams out Denver CO?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucker3200

trucker3200 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Idaho Falls, ID
    2500-3000 for me and im home every other weekend

wellgolf and dazed and confused Thank this.
  4. wellgolf

wellgolf Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Boise
    I was thinking of going with Gordon, Do you run a nation wide or 11 western. Any other info about the company would be helpfull.
    Thanks.

5. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I am on the U.S. fleet but run mostly 11 western. I get some runs to Canada and some East to Mi, Il, In, Ky, Mo, and Wi. I average between 11,500 / 12,500 miles per month and stay out 4-5 weeks. I like the longer hometime.

knighton5 and wellgolf Thank this.
  6. Croosbronx Expressway

Croosbronx Expressway Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Bronx, NY
    Man, seems like the only ones taken a hit are the drivers. Were ever you go or whatever job you do. The workers seem to always get the short end of the stick. If it weren't for truck drivers. Who do you think would do the job? It's amazing about these companies and all the stuff they get away with.

7. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Yeah we are the ones who make it happen but there also is a lot that goes on behind the scenes too. Me,as a co. driver, doesn't have to worry about truck payments,insurance,finding loads and all the b.s. that goes along with job. I don't make as much as I want to,who does? I have a secure job and I have to take the good with the bad. We do make the country move...I believe.

knighton5 and snakeskin Thank this.
  8. wellgolf

Oct 19, 2009
    Boise
    Does Gordon run apu's?

9. snakeskin

snakeskin Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    Truckers RN, I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Gordon, however as I read the site it is primarily a western region co that does some 48 state hense their statement "seldom east of ohio" Better luck on your families situation and I recommend LOTS and LOTS of research prior to signing on. I have spent at least 1 to 3 hours a day and several trips to truck stops to get driver input up close and personal and I still havent commited to any one particular co. I have a couple on my short list and #1 is Watkins Shepard.

10. wellgolf

Oct 19, 2009
    Boise
    Yup it seems the list of decent starter companys is a short one.

11. RECON08

RECON08 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI
    I find it really funny, all the west coast guys keep saying they get miles and home on time no issues, but the rest of us are getting screwed and you all say its us. ask any us fleet driver out of grn bay or indy, nothing good to say. as for team miles, i ran team for a yr with them, 4000 miles a week, begged for miles and still could not get them. running solo now and no better, 1500-2000 a wk if lucky and they just finally admited to my face in person, that they are not set up miles, or frieght to run teams. if your a hubby and wife running teams and 4000 miles a wk is fine with you, then gti is for you, but you will sit a lot and teams no longer can have a apu trk, so enjoy that one. this company started out good, loved it, but over last year, things have gotten to the point I am looking and will not refer this company to anyone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.