Current Drivers w/ GTI

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by teampitts3, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    It's too bad that there seems to be such a discrepancy. I get all the miles I can handle out of Modesto, Ca dispatch. 12/14 2018 miles to Ky. delv 12/18 and loaded in Mo. for Pueblo, Co 1193 miles. Will del on 12/20 and load in Denver going to Woodland, Ca.

Donnerpasser Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Update, Loaded in Denver on 12/20 and started reset under load. Had 3,477 hub miles in 7 days. Current load is 1,370 to Ca. yard drop and reload on 12/24.

Donnerpasser Thanks this.
  4. RECON08

RECON08 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI
    Must be nice to see those miles. since oct i have not seen more then 2000 miles a week and thats with saying hey, miles pls. even talking to other drivers out of the midwest area same thing. most of us are lucky if we can even get 1700 a week.

5. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    It must be tough not getting miles, I hate to sit, can hardly stand it when I have to reset. I run 31 days out and 5 days off, U.S. and Canada. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I run that way to get the 5 days, kids are grown and I'm divorced. Not everyone would care to run like I do.

6. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Recon08 I could not agree more. The miles in the midwest are gone. I am going on nine bad weeks in a row. Nothing but two three hundred mile loads with way to much time before you can deliver. Think its time to go out west and see if that will help.

7. EagleAce

EagleAce Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    most of our trucks have APUs, they're TK TriPacs. from what I've been hearing the entire fleet is supposed to have them later this year.

I LOVE mine! the a/c makes it like an icebox at times, and the heater has just about BBQ'd me!:biggrin_255:

8. crystalangel

crystalangel Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Redding, Ca
    As for home time and being family oriented sounds good but in fact its all bull, my husband has been with GTI for 1yr and has been a driver for over 10yrs, and so far has had nothing but a fight every time he wants to come home, and if they get him home they call his cell or our home phone and push him out the door again, We got married July 25 2010 he came home on the 23rd of july and back on the road the 27th and had to fight for that, since then he has only been able to get home for 4days and then got written up for the fourth day, he got home on a friday at 2:45am and they counted that as a day off, from what I have read and found out don't think thats legal could be wrong, he also has tried to change driver managers and the planner won't hear of it, nothing but a hasssle everyday, I 'am so sorry that I ever told my husband about Gordan because on paper they look good but in real life its another story, he makes .36 a mile with 8yrs experience when he started, as for miles if you can get a dedicated run, great, but miles vary from week to week,

9. crystalangel

Oct 8, 2010
    Redding, Ca
    thats the truth about GTI and I agree with you RECONO8

10. crystalangel

Oct 8, 2010
    Redding, Ca
    no not most of the trucks have APU's, most don't, very few and far inbetween, also as bor break downs my husbands qualcom was down for over 2 weeks, and the flat tires happens weekly, so we would like to know who's butt you have to kiss to get a descent truck.

11. crystalangel

Oct 8, 2010
    Redding, Ca
    no not most of the trucks have APU's, most don't, very few and far inbetween, also as bor break downs my husbands qualcom was down for over 2 weeks, and the flat tires happens weekly, so we would like to know who's butt you have to kiss to get a descent truck.:biggrin_25516:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.