Current GTI drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Donnerpasser, Nov 22, 2009.

1. bowhunter1768

bowhunter1768 Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Beavercreek,Oh
    hey tonkatruck which fleet are you going with? I was in the midwest fleet out of indy, i might be able to give you a heads up on what to expect and what trainer to go with. good luck..

tonkatruck Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tonkatruck

tonkatruck Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2009
    columbus, Ohio

They said I'll be "midwest " I dont know if it is Ind., or Greenbay, I'm going to greenbay with a driver -not greyhound or fly- but I have not heard back on anything yet about that

4. trask

trask Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Tillamook Oregon
    How far do current drivers live from the nearest Gordon terminal? I live 90 miles from the a closest terminal and GTI has told me they will not consider me. What's with that?

5. tonkatruck

Oct 26, 2009
    columbus, Ohio
    hmm they never said that to me 547 mi from Greenbay, 180 from Ind. for me..they said that there is a few drivers here in Ohio,

6. trask

trask Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Tillamook Oregon
    Yeah, I don't know, I've been in contact with two recruiters and they both say the same thing. 50 mile radius from the terminal. I never suspected that 90 miles would be an issue. Jeez it's OTR but 90 miles is to far?

7. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Living in Tillamook is kinda out of the way for most carriers, the only thing close to that direction for dry vans is the paper mill south of you just out of Newport. I know Knight would hire you and probably swift.

8. tonkatruck

Oct 26, 2009
    columbus, Ohio

Hey they just called and put me with a Trainer out of ohio not far at all from where I live,.. "Brian " they speek high of him.. day of paper work then out I go. when done with training back for more paper work.. nice to have a plan !!:biggrin_25525:

9. TIMMM

TIMMM Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2009
    TO POOBAH, Have you had any surgeries or anything? I filled an aplication out and told Jim Hamby in Green Bay what happened with Schnieder. I also showed him my last paycheck. 1 of a few with $250.00 I do have a speeding ticket in 04 and I passed a scale in 05 in upstate New York still got a ticket even though I was empty. Thats it. Now in 07 I had my back fused and when I called today he said I was just flat out denied. Now, I also know for a fact Im not the first person whos had a rotten experience with schnieder. So thats what Im getting the hint to.

10. trask

trask Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Tillamook Oregon
    Knight or Swift? Well I may end up there but I think GTI is the company to work for. Their business model is not just about low labor costs based on an endless supply of fresh CDL's. They retain drivers because they are a good company to work for.

11. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Swift has a better safestat record than Knight. You will do fewer roadside inspections. Also look at companies like May Trucking out of Salem Or. Go to a truck stop and write down company names you don't know, talk to the drivers if you can to help with research. Don't just go to the company with the most recruiters (highest turnover rate)'

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.