Current GTI drivers

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Donnerpasser, Nov 22, 2009.

1. trask

trask Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Tillamook Oregon
    Yatista, I've done the research, part of it included reading your entries. I have not been contacted by any recruiters, I contacted them. I have interviewed numerous drivers and studied this board. I have an impeccable driving record, extremely physical fit and a solid work history. I was stymied the recruiters dismissed me out of hand because of 40 miles. May has been my second choice all along. I was hoping to go to work for GTI so I could take a ride on your sailboat. Is that Catalina Island in the background?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snakeskin

snakeskin Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Vacaville, Ca
    Hey Yatista, I am a sailor up in the bay area, keep the post comming. I too am looking at GTI and the info is very helpful

4. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    The boat is a Hunter 310 anchored at Little Scorpion Cove, Santa Cruz Island.

5. tonkatruck

tonkatruck Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2009
    columbus, Ohio
    well it was pushed back (start date) untill 1-5-9, the wait is killing me:biggrin_25525:
    I hope I don't forget anything it has been almost a month without driving:biggrin_25524: Merry christmas everyone !!!!!!!

6. Donnerpasser

Donnerpasser Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Woodland, Ca
    I start 1/5/10 also. Where are you going for orientation? I'll be in Pacific, Wa.

7. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Good luck to both of you, when you do the road test just relax and do things slowly and deliberately. All will be fine and then you start with your trainer.

tonkatruck Thanks this.
  8. tonkatruck

Oct 26, 2009
    columbus, Ohio

I'll be in Greenbay, I hear it is nice this time ayear:biggrin_2559:

9. tonkatruck

Oct 26, 2009
    columbus, Ohio

Thanks alot !! I was wanting to know about that..how long or is it like when you take the state test 15 miles all types of turns , backing ect. pretrip and so on. :biggrin_2558:

10. Yatista

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    The orientation drive test is more basic that the DMV road test. They will be looking for general ability to control and manuever the truck in traffic, proper gear selection, smooth stops, but not too slow. Don't shift on r/r trax and don't jump any curbs. You will be asked to do an ally dock. Take your time, pull up as necessary, and Get Out And Look G.O.A.L.

tonkatruck Thanks this.
  11. Donnerpasser

Donnerpasser Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Woodland, Ca
    Well, I got bumped a week due to the New Years holiday, but will be in Pacific on 1/12. Glad to have an extra week to get my affairs in order.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.