Current mileage

Discussion in 'PAM' started by Dave_AL, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    For those of you with PAM... what average solo miles are you getting recently? Also, if you go through the refresher course (3 days, then 2 days orientation then 2 weeks with a trainer) does Pam ask you to sigh any type of contract? Apparently, the refresher course does not cost anything and you don't get paid for it.

Thanks for any help and insight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    You are only ever put under contract with PAM if you go through a PAM sponsored school (C1). Being that you're a refresher, you shouldn't have had to do that, so you'll owe PAM nothing.

As far as the training is concerned, you're correct in it only being 2 weeks. However, for those 2 weeks you'll get paid $300 salary per week.

Wish I could comment on what solo drivers are averaging, but I train more than I drive solo.

4. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    Thanks for the response and info.

5. T.I

T.I Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    I am averaging 2500-2800 week as a solo driver this week will suck though ac compressor locked up and they shortbelted me but cant be fixed till monday because of the holiday weekend. So I am stuck in a motel not so bad real bed hot shower and a restart so why not get paid for it.

6. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Miles mainly depends on 'right place, right time'. If your DM likes you, he/she will work a little harder for decent loads. Some just don't care though. I had one DM (thankfully only for 1.5 weeks) that just didn't give a rats patootie. Don't think she's even there anymore ;).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.