Currently FedEx Ground looking in FXF

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by guyatlantic, Feb 23, 2023.

1. guyatlantic

guyatlantic Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2023
    Hey yall,

Quick question, I've been looking into FXF. Their pay seems good and stories on here seem like it's an ok/great place to work.

Is there a way to get an application in without an opening for my immediate area currently available? Just seeing if I can at least get an application on file for when they post their next one.

I'm looking at the road driver portion, nights are not an issue. Thank you for any info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hawkeye72

Hawkeye72 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Iowa
    Not that I know of. Honestly if your getting hours/miles where you are now I'd stay. FXF like a bunch of LTL's is a mess right now. Sounds like deep route cuts are coming for the next bids. I've heard of several centers cutting 10+ runs on next bid we are about to have.

Unless you live around Henderson, CO. Salt Lake city or Billings Montana. They are supposed to be in extreme need for drivers.

guyatlantic Thanks this.
  4. guyatlantic

Feb 23, 2023
    Thank you, im still looking at options, FXF seemed like a good one out here in the Raleigh NC area. anyone know of a good outfit out this way? Just lookin at other options out here. Recently left foodservice.

5. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Not sure about Salt Lake City or Billings but Denver is cutting 6 runs in March, on top of the 6 they cut in January. They don't need drivers at all right now.

FxF is great in normal times, as long as you don't mind some dock work and being on call to start, but right now they are cutting back heavily and furloughing drivers.

Hawkeye72 Thanks this.
  6. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Stay away from FXF right now. We are getting hit the hardest with the slower freight levels and economy.

7. Hawkeye72

Hawkeye72 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Iowa
    Did Denver need people a month ago? When this round of furloughs was announced. Those 3 centers were the transfer options this time. They said all 3 were at extreme need and were offering $10,000 to people willing to transfer.

8. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    They were on the list last furlough. Hopefully no one took that transfer.

9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    If you are in the Raleigh, NC area....you really should look into possible opportunities with Old Dominion Freight Line.

They are basically almost right in your back yard o_O :

Driver Jobs | Old Dominion Freight Line (odfl.com)

If you have a year or more CDL-A experience--they will probably be interested in talking to you.

--Lual

guyatlantic Thanks this.
  10. guyatlantic

Feb 23, 2023
    Thank you for the reply, I checked their site and didn't see any openings, do they have a talent pool that can be applied to for future openings?

Really appreciate your reply.

11. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @guyatlantic --

Just in case you're not already aware--in the LTL sector right now, parts of it (at least) are sketchy.

As the above posts indicate (and also, similar on other Forum threads), the LTL world right now is experiencing a slowdown--at least in certain areas.

If you hire on somewhere for LTL duty, and freight volumes take another kick in the gut....you may well be furloughed first--since you were one of the more recent hires.

Thus--buyer beware! If you haven't already--it might be a really good idea to avoid buying a house or an expensive vehicle anytime soon.

Also: you said earlier that you recently left foodservice. Past that--you don't really give any other info about yourself....

Thus: to proceed any further in the LTL sector as a driver--you are probably wasting your time if you don't already have ALL of the CDL endorsements: tanker, hazmat, and (of course) doubles-triples.

If you already have those and/or you already knew that--please excuse the above...:(

To answer your latest query, above: if you really liked what you saw with Old Dominion, but didn't see any openings on their website, an alternate strategy would be to put together a good-looking resume with Microsoft Word (or similar), and take a copy with you to the nearest Old Dominion terminal--and ask to speak with the terminal mgr there.

If said manager likes what they see & hear--they may hire you on the spot (or not). In either case, leave the resume.

On the other hand...if you need/want a job NOW....but still prefer something in the LTL sector (and you already have those endorsements)....check this one out...it was posted (I believe) 13 days ago:

Truck Driver Home Daily CDL A - Morrisville, NC 27560 - Indeed.com

--Lual

Digman943 and guyatlantic Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.