Cussed at by a receiver

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Bpat, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Bpat

Bpat Bobtail Member

May 8, 2015
    Who has been cussed out by a receiving manager? Arrived at 0630 for a 0700 appt. was told to just go wait in truck, “they don’t get here until about 0900”. Being polite I simply stated I have an appt at 0700 and would like to be unloaded and on my way by 0900. Was told “Christmas weekend, don’t know when they’ll show up to unload you, just go back to truck.”

Well, I went back to truck and waited for an hour.....went back up to receivers office to check on getting unloaded. Manager slammed both of his fists on desk and cussed me out pretty good... “gd mfer get out of here”. So I asked for his supervisor, no answer. Then I asked if he was rejecting the load... “yes gd mfer I am, now get the ## out of here” told him I needed a signature stating that he rejected the load. Only came back with more verbal abuse. I walked out of the office and called the police. Sheriffs deputies show up and instruct me that it’s not against the law to be an #######. So no help there.

Got the broker in on it by now....some guy comes out of the building to head off the cops. Guess he didn’t want the deputies snooping around with all of the illegals running around on property. Lol. Fella kind of acted like he was in charge of the place, told me I would be unloaded at 1000. I just went back to truck at that point, called broker back, said he was on phone with the owner of the place. They started unloading me at 0830 and I had signed BOL in hand and off of property by 0915.

Sad state of affairs when a driver has to go through all of that to just get unloaded.

Moral of story drivers, do not accept being treated like a piece of trash at these places. Always be courteous but stand your ground!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Tell him to apologize and you will consider attempting to deliver the next day.

4. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    At 6:30 he told you they wouldn't be in until 9:00. At 7:30 you went back in because you thought something would have changed?

Sounds like the guy way overreacted but I'm thinking there's two sides to the story and blame to go around.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  5. AlBig

AlBig Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Great job.. more drivers demand right serves better will be.. God bless fellow and Merry Christmas

6wheeler Thanks this.
  6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    o_O
    Sheriff's deputies should have tazed you for wasting their time.

7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Really? Calling the cops? What did you think that would accomplish?

8. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Attempting to deliver 24 hours later would give that #### licker time to cool off.

Grubby and Coover Thank this.
  9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    They made an appointment for 0700. If they knew nobody would be there to unload until 2 hours after the appointment then they're the ####### for making a ######## appt.

Eldiablo, longbedGTs, 6wheeler and 2 others Thank this.
  10. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Or the broker lied about the appointment time. Either way, some guy tells you there won't be anyone in for 2 1/2 hours to unload why would you go hassle him an hour later?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    To give them an ultimatum. Unload me now or not at all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.