Custom size mattress (Where)

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Gonzo1300, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Gonzo1300

Gonzo1300 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I need to make up a sleeping area in my quad cab. I removed the back seat now just got to get a mattress either made or find somewhere that sales the memory foam material. Any ideas

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    I suppose you could always get a queen or king size piece of memory foam and cut it down to fit.

4. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Go to walmart.com and look for Spa Sensations memory foam mattresses. They are low cost and very good quality.

Be aware that most memory foam mattresses are not one solid chunk of memory foam. They have a bottom layer of regular foam with a thinner layer of memory foam on top.

Use an electric carving knife to cut the foam after you remove the outer cover. Trust me, unless you have a hotwire foam cutter, this is the only way.

Lite bug and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  5. Gonzo1300

Sep 30, 2013
    Thank you ma'am it will be delivered to my house Monday. I got a long electric knife with find blade on it that will do just fine. My wife is old school, she said she can make a cover for it once it is cut.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. BritM

BritM Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Not sure if you are still looking, but Comfort Foam sells them and can custom size it and ship (within Canada only though). Ask for Sandra 1-800-565-0388.

Gonzo1300 Thanks this.
  7. Gonzo1300

Sep 30, 2013

Actually yes because I just picked up another new truck. The driver that I hired if a short guy so its going to work well with him sleeping in these little 1 ton trucks. I'm in Canada once every month. I can get it worked out so that one of my smaller customer up there can take delivery of it. Thanks I will give them a call in the morning.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  8. Shep Shiloh

Shep Shiloh Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    IN
    Gonzo1300 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.