customcbradios.com any good?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by juanveldez, Oct 7, 2013.

1. juanveldez

juanveldez Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Iron Mountian MI
    I found this site it looks like they are a shop in Terre Haute IN. I was thinking that I might have some work done on my Cobra 29 lx there to see if they were any good, but why risk it, when I can try and get the skinny on em here first.

Sooooooo, what is the skinny, are they good, bad, or so horrible that they would give Rob Zombie nightmares?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Cb Radios Plus.com

4. Mad Dog 20/20

Mad Dog 20/20 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Skid Row
    He does not have a shop, he does repair on his porch and carries little stock.If you order through him it is generally dropped shipped from a wholesaler.As far as his work, some like it some don't, he is better than some but tends to tune a little too hot.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. TheDude1969

TheDude1969 Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    I've seen 1 bad report personally. I don't like to speak for others but did do 1 person wrong I know of.

KW Cajun Thanks this.
  6. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    If you are going to mail your radio to a tech, pm me and I'll put you in touch with a sure enough good one.....guaranteed! And his prices are right.

7. KAK

KAK Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Ne
    Mike's guy has done allot of work for me the past year, he is one of the best and cheap for what he does !!!!!!

8. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    I own a high dollar radio that was purchased & tuned from CustomCB, and have been extremely disappointed for too many reasons to list.
    This was a radio approx 4 times the price of a Cobra29, and "should" perform at least that well. It doesn't, in some important respects.
    Bottom line is... I value honesty most. And when there is substantial evidence of dishonesty, there is never quality to follow.

9. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    And stands behind what he does too!

I agree. If you honestly can't fix it you should just say so. To many so called techs out there trying to learn how on other people's radios, and then blame what they can't fix on the radio. (The guy I'm talking about is on DTB's white list plus a couple more on here have used him and been happy as well.)

TheDude1969 and KW Cajun Thank this.
  10. juanveldez

juanveldez Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Iron Mountian MI
    That's the info I needed guys thanks!!!

Mike if you want to send your guys info my way that would be great. Thanks!

11. bigdog4981

bigdog4981 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2013
    A lot of guys clip that resistor on the cobra 29, and they sound like crap. I had a guy in Irving peak and tune mine, come to find out, he took dikes and cut out that tiny resistor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.