Cypress Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by hotrod1018, May 21, 2011.

1. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Anything interesting to report Harleyman? Did you stay in your 300 mile radius with the trainer or did you venture out some? Their dump position is very tempting to me but there are some more things I would like to find out, maybe within your time there you can shed some light on what those guys are doing, if not no big deal I still would like to hear how the 300 mile out and back deal is working, it sounds like a pretty awesome deal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Portsmouth,VA
    Well Monday I'm faxing my application, and I guess it's a waiting game. Anyone know if they process you fast? And no, no flat bed experience but tired of doing containers, never liked that..

Sent from i4s six four
    Tapatalk

4. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Call within a few days to make sure they got it and they should call you back within the next day to tell you whether or not you've been approved.

5. hotrod1018

hotrod1018 Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Niceville fl
    you can fill out app online usually will get a call the same day or next. when i applied they approved me the same day

6. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Hotrod, do you know any of the particulars about the dump division. Does your buddy live in Jax? Justin called me again last week to see if I wanted to hire on but I'm still on the fence about it, I know I can go back to Pritchett, just waiting for a position which there is no telling when that will be, or I can move down to Crystal River and go to work with Cypress and try something new.

I don't know what to make of the Cypress deal, it sounds good but I still have my questions like how long are the waits on either end, how many loads are you expected to do per week, and can you go home at night? I see the trucks they're running on that deal have sleepers but Justin guaranteed I could go home at night.

Stuck on the fence I guess...

7. hotrod1018

Jun 23, 2010
    Niceville fl
    ya they are going home at night at night from what i hear its not a bad deal they expect 2 loads a day ii know you can get stuck waiting in line to load but other than yhat im not sure. some of those guys have sleepers some have day cabs so.

8. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    depending on where you live you would be home daily, alot of the dump drivers have sleepers but they rarely use them, flatbed is ok but I would haul dumps if i could!....talked to one of the dump drivers, he does at least 2 loads a day, he was real happy!

first week solo, so far 1,100 miles through Wed, got a 550 mile load tomorrow and then whatever I run Friday to get me home. I was home Mon and Tues night, Wed and Thurs out on the road, friday I will be home so all I can say is more miles than I was getting at JBS and I only had to sleep in the truck 2 nights!

A couple of negatives.......Cypress tarps EVERYTHING! They want EVERY strap thrown! Everytime you go through Jax you have to go through the safety lane, which would be fine if they were always there and they were faster!.......So far I have wasted 2 hours this week just dealing with the safety lane! Since I am doing shorter runs I load and unload more which eats up my clock and I run out of my 14!

I have no REAL complaints yet, just not sure if I want to work 14 hours a day every day, I dont have alot of bills so I dont need to work that hard! Still on the lookout for that day cab job working a set schedule 9-10 hours a day!............lol

9. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    I wish I could find that schedule too, when I hired on up here in PA I was told 9 or so hours a day, 5 and half days a week, well I've had 1 day off for the month of May so far and no less than 12 hours. I get hourly pay and OT after 40 so the paychecks are killer but #### I have no life whatsoever and I think that's what worries me about the dump division at Cypress, 2 loads a day from Crystal River to Jax holds a real good chance of putting in your 14 everyday, I think everything would have to go perfect on either end to be able to do it in 12 hours.

I could be wrong and I'm probably just over analyzing things but I'm going to give Pritchett another month or so and see if I can put something back together with them and if not I'll entertain the thought of the dump division again.

10. hotrod1018

Jun 23, 2010
    Niceville fl
    my buddy whos has been on the dump division just went back on the road recently because he was working over his 14 most days too much waiting in line he says

11. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    I figured as much Hotrod, you would have to have a perfect day to do your 2 loads in 12 hours or less. I still might consider it at some point, but I'm hoping Pritchett becomes available so I won't have to entertain something new.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.