D.B.L problems

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by ArmyVetTrucker, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ArmyVetTrucker

ArmyVetTrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2017
    I'm a Schneider dedicated driver with DBL issues. My last DBL was great. Then she quit and SNI Dallas has a snake for a fill in dbl.
    My problem is this : When I get in on Mondays, I have no dispatch. OR when I get in I have one dispatch and they "forget" to get me a backhaul and leave me sitting. When I call my DBL he tells me to just quit. (As I have left Schneider before). I like the account I'm on, but not making enough money. I have complained to my account manager. Not sure what to do about a DBL who is just forcing me to have low paychecks and little to no dispatches. Anyone have a solution?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    There's people you can call and take it all the way up the chain if you have to. They give you a hand out in orientation about it. This DBL won't be around long if they actually told you to quit. I'll look for the info in the morning since I just got home from road and I can barely keep my eyes open.

ArmyVetTrucker Thanks this.
  4. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    So just reading cause I'm bored... What's a DBL? Is that a dispatcher to us non Schneider folks?

mindes Thanks this.
  5. ArmyVetTrucker

Jan 4, 2017
    Its Schneider speak for a dispatcher with management authority. They can give you extra pays, dock your pay, fire you, give you a new truck, assign your loads, approve time off...etc etc.

6. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    I think you need to do something quickly. Don't let this keep building up, or you might say or do something you will regret.

Hermit825 Thanks this.
  7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Driver Business Leader.

8. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    You need to grow a pair and take up the latter. Nothing will change unless you do.

Get his/ her boss the phone and while your on the phone with your DBL' s boss ask them the name of THEIR boss and continue up the later. Sometimes you have to go a few steps up.
    I've had to go up the latter several steps to get issues resolved at sni on the contractor side.

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    follow the chain of command. be professional, Articulate the differences between dbl then and this one. Be clear in what you seek.Above all keep your emotions in check.

bamamac Thanks this.
  10. Wallyjr

Wallyjr Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Just jerk him across his desk and beat his ###!!!!

11. ArmyVetTrucker

Jan 4, 2017
    I was recently turned down for owner operator (I applied so I could avoid DBL's and make good money).
    I couldnt hold it and cursed at my DBL. So he wrote me up and I now habe a new DBL. This one wasted no time. Day 1 he yelled at me (literally) for bobtailing to an account. I hate this crappy company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.