D & D Sexton

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ConcreteAngel, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Th3Guy

Th3Guy Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Earth
    I've been with these guys for about 3 months now, already looking for another company. The miles aren't here and they expect you to be ready to move right after your 10hr break. You spend most your time in a dock. Most of your loads will be around 400 - 600 miles, 95% live load/unload, 95% of delivery times between Midnight - 4am. Only time you will get a drop/hook is at the Schreiber company they do a lot of business with there in Carthage or on their yard which is rare. You will get a 2014 or maybe a 2016 freight shaker. The staff is nice but that's about it for the positives. For orientation they will buy you a subway sandwich and THAT'S IT, not even a drink and chips. That put you in a roach infested Super 8 where you will probably be the only guest there, you'll see why no one stays there, lol.

Example of time constraint: You start your day at 7am to complete your last 6hrs of driving and you stop around 2pm, you are expected to immediately take your 10hr break in the middle of the day to deliver at Midnight and start your day again, hahaha. They don't care if you get rest.

In Summary,
    Multiple back to back short hauls, you're constantly moving but most your time is in a dock so not many miles.(average 2200)
    Expected to run right after 10hr break no matter the time of day or rest.
    Make deliveries while on your break at a facility.
    Must have permission to go bobtail to store if you're on their yard, as if we are kids.
    You can not edit your own logs, must call in to get them to change a mistake.
    You can not Line 5 (personal conveyance) unless you get permission and they are the only ones that can do it.
    They have cameras installed in the cab that face the driver and road, recording audio and video 24/7, scary and invasion of privacy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lkhintonsr

lkhintonsr Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2016

4. lkhintonsr

lkhintonsr Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2016
    D&D is a great company to work! I do not have one single-solitary complaint about D&D as a company. Good equipment, solid maintenance staff, trainers (Remy, and Mike; if you need training), payroll, safety, and DM's. If you breakdown on they road, they have a great support system to get you back on the road, or to safety.

Their recruiter on the other hand, Rusty Powers is a dishonest, piece of #### former Army recruiter. Make sure, I REPEAT, make sure that you have him E-mail you with a list of ALL of the promises that he makes to you (pay, home time, benefits, etc...) before you commit to going to Carthage.

D LOOK and t bird Thank this.
  5. Greedyman6663

Greedyman6663 Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I worked for them for 19months I should have left after 1month can't count the time I had 24 Hours or more of downtown operations is worst I've dealt with in 15years of driving last load had 50hours of down time if you love sitting this is a good job for you .if you like making money it's not all that great equipment is old and in and out of the shop often .safety is good shop so good but most major repairs go to freightliner cost a lot of time in general I should have left after 1 month I made it 19months not sure how but I'm glad I'm gone !!!

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  7. Angel2311

Angel2311 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2021
    Do they get you home for emergencies if necessary What type of drug screen do they perform?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.