D.O.T. physical is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by rbrtwbstr, Aug 15, 2019.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

That was my initial thought. But apparently they do have some medical training.

Still, it makes zero sense to have a Chiropractor medically certify a driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    My chiropractor is also an MD, perhaps that one is too?

stwik Thanks this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Decided to go for the easy money? Most Chiropractors go through a one year course. Less training than nurses. They're a lot more likely to seriously injure their patients than actual doctors. Not to mention there's no evidence to show their treatments any more effective than simple massage.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  5. thanks for the great laugh I knew this was going to be hilarious and sure enough hilarity ensued.
    me and another driver having coffee just rolled eyes and had a great laugh reading the OP and the comments. heard a few chuckles from some other people too as we read them out loud..

6. they're also doctors.. they can pretty much take the class for certification but some people had theirs revoked for not proper doing the physical...
    some chiropractors will fail you and say you need a sleep test...

7. Buckmaster1981

Buckmaster1981 Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Most chiropractors are MD’s! And know the Human anatomy better than than any other dr they get a bad rap because they don’t believe in medication. People just want drugs that’s why most don’t like them

8. Buckmaster1981

Jan 18, 2017
    For your information a pcp told me I had a bone spur in my neck and needed surgery! I went to a chiropractor for several weeks of alignments and I’m good as new! It was just poor posture sitting in the seat that caused my neck to get crooked and pinch a nerve! So yes they do know what there doing and most are legit

9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Are you aware that Chiropractic "Medicine" was founded by a guy who says he learned of it from a ghost during a seance?

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  10. Buckmaster1981

Jan 18, 2017
    I don’t know about that! But chiropractors can and do help with pain and probaly could have kept a lot of people off opioids if given a chance. What if 8 would have just went with pcp and got surgery and did not at all need it

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  11. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    I think it's for like hearing sirens and train horns.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.