D12D No Start

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Mrcubalibre, May 31, 2021.

1. Mrcubalibre

Mrcubalibre Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Still nothing. It’s like the power is cut to the injectors. If I try and crank it again without powering down, it won’t fire. But if I power down then crank it fires. It does have both the TCS and ABS lights on and I can’t clear the codes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Has nothing to do with the trans...
    If it was the trans it won't turn over at all

Mrcubalibre Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Have you checked to see if the fuel pump have lost it's prime.....

Try manually pumping it up

5. Mrcubalibre

Dec 31, 2018
    New fuel pump and filter head. That’s what started the whole thing. Check valve in the Davco went bad and siphoned the whole thing dry.

6. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    When you got it to fire up did it cut off when you put the key to run or keep on running with those ck. lights on?

7. Mrcubalibre

Dec 31, 2018
    It only fires once or twice and has throttle response when firing. Unfortunately it doesn’t fire enough to turn the key back. I did run it off ether with the key in the run position but there was no throttle response at all.

8. Mrcubalibre

Dec 31, 2018
    I thought I had it figured out…but I think I’m headed in the right direction. I ohmed all the j1939’s and they all come up good…with the exception of the one that goes to the shifter. I had 120 on that one. Was checking continuity from plug to plug on that harness and didn’t have any on the yellow wire in the piece from above the batteries to the TECU. Then I figured out I was in the wrong pin of the connector. But still 120 at the shifter. I’m thinking bad TECU. I did the Eaton troubleshooting to make sure the trans is talking to the ecm and it is.

baha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.