DAC Question on Abandonment

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Bigdawg1980, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Bigdawg1980

Bigdawg1980 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2018
    I know this is alittle off subject on this forum. But im in desperate need of some advice..I'm on The brinks of abandoning a walk away lease purchase deal gone completely bad!! Will i still be charged with Truck abandonment on My dac? Even too its a lease purchase Truck? Im leaving it at a Volvo Truck Shop.. around My house (p.s. the place is NOT authorize by The company as a drop off. its THERE for a expensive repair i can NOT afford too fix..)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    You will get more and better advice if you start another thread.
    Good luck

4. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    Document everything and then just walk away.
    Once your out of sight,then you can run to your next company .

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    It's a sad state of affairs when one cares more about dac, then a credit report.

Matt43324, windsmith and dunchues Thank this.
  6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Why because they already have bad credit and are worried if the bad DAC with prevent them from getting to sign another lease purchase sham?

7. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    The new thread was started and pertinent posts moved to the new thread (this one).

8. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    If the company you currently work for participates in DAC, then yes it will most likely be recorded as an abandonment.

9. Bigdawg1980

Bigdawg1980 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Well, heres an update on the lease truck I left in the volvo shop the company terminate my lease as i requested and put "vehicle repossession/ default on lease" on my dac is that the same as a vehicle abandoment?.. not sure..

10. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    My best advice would be talk to a loan officer, or a trucking lawyer. Free consultation. I have never seen this scenario. I would imagine if you voluntarily relinquish the vehicle, it would go on DAC as a Termination of Lease.

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Probably the best outcome you can hope for.
    If you plan on the company lease again it might make it a bit harder. Thing it, it likely would not as you got the hit on your credit report, and that will be looked at more than a dac report when leasing or buying a different truck. If you plan on going company, well it has no bearing on you being a company driver so no harm / no foul.

So no, most companies will not see it the same as abandonment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.