DAC question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewbieRecentGrad, Aug 17, 2007.

1. kickingdeer

kickingdeer Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Joshua Tree, CA

:yes2557::yes2557::biggrin_255:
    You hit it right on the head.
    Just another way to keep tabs on us.
    We still need to check this report because the report can give you another person's name, different race, sex, and give you a criminal record if your name is close to someone else's (Ha! Ha!)
    A carrier ran a DAC on me they came back with most of the info correct but there was this guy who's last name was like mine, the male version of my name...boy! was I surprised to find out that my sex, race, other personal info had me taller and and weighing more then I do ( good old government stuff) :biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana

Thanks, as I said it had been 5 years at least since the last time I heard it.. The wheels were grinding to a halt when I was trying to think of the acronym

4. jjsteddy

jjsteddy Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Valley, Ne
    I have read on the site that DAC reports only contain information related to trucking employment.

My hubby just graduated with CDL and we are looking for employment for him. We just got a letter back from one of the companies that states he is not being hired due to "information obtained in whole or in part" from his DAC report. :biggrin_25511:

Logically, this would be blank as he has not worked for any other trucking companies as of yet....am I correct in my thinking? Also, if this is the case, would the information they are referring to possibly be that he has nothing on his DAC?? In other words, his lack of experience??:biggrin_2552: This is one of the companies that his truck driving school recommends and that normally sends recruiters to the school...however we have heard that they are not hiring newbies at this time until they get 4 months of experience. Probably one of those hiring freezes that we keep reading about here on the site.:biggrin_1square8:

I just want to make sure my thinking is on the right track. We are so new to this, I just have to ask at this point.

Thanks for the information in advance!!

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Unfortunately, DAC isn't limited to your driving history.

It now includes information that extends way beyond the normal scope of a simple MVR and driver history report.

Checks can include (and are not limited to)

20/20 National Crime Data Base - including County and Local search
    Social Security # Check
    Drug and Alcohol Testing information
    Driver violations (often erroneous information is included)
    Credit Scores and other financial information.
    Sex Offender Data Bases

It wouldn't surprise me to find out next week, they had started to include the names and birth dates of your children :biggrin_2552: Along with the schools they attend.

rjones56, psanderson and jjsteddy Thank this.
  6. jjsteddy

jjsteddy Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Valley, Ne
    Thanks for the information!! I'll make sure we request the free copy of the report so we can actually see what it says. That might help us know what to expect.

Thanks again!

7. psanderson

psanderson Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Moline, Illinois
    DAC/USIS reports many things among which is a record of all traffic convictions in all type vehicles for the past 7-year period. Under some circumstance a USIS/DAC report may also contain other information as well but that is dependent on the subscriber to the service & what service they are paying USIS/DAC for.

It is a consumer report that falls under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). It is not unlike a credit report such as an Equifax credit report a bank receives when you apply for a loan, or a credit card.

From a retired federal DOT official

jjsteddy Thanks this.
  8. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I just got a free copy of my DAC last week. I applied for a job, and when mine came back I asked if they would fax me a copy.

Five minutes later it showed up. This was the first time I have ever seen one. They read kind of funny.

9. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
    So how do you get a free copy? What website do you go to?

10. Birdeye56

Birdeye56 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    Which companies if any DO NOT use the DAC/USIS info? Thanks

11. Birdeye56

Birdeye56 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    Mine went back as far as 1984 in my DAC report I just received last week! If a trucking company asks on their application for the last 3 to 5 year driving history, why do they go back so far on your DAC report?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.