DAC question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewbieRecentGrad, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Stevens Sucker

Stevens Sucker Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2008
    charlotte nc
    I don't think any other company would look badly upon you for leaving Swift...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dodgeballz

dodgeballz Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the replies.

The pay to start out is almost as much as a person could make by picking up cans on the roadside. It was a tough decision to make..... quit and hope to find a job in these bad times or stick it out and not make enough for bills, let alone food.

I can live with that on my DAC.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
    1pissedoffdriver Thanks this.
  4. Stevens Sucker

Stevens Sucker Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2008
    charlotte nc
    I know the feeling I'm out of work at the moment myself goodluck

5. kewl_mekanik

kewl_mekanik Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Pensacola,Fl
    DAC actually stands for
    Driver And Check,,Honest to god,,

6. BIGCOUNTRY82

BIGCOUNTRY82 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2009
    NC
    I went to orientation at tmc but left after the 3rd day just wondering what might be on my dac ? I am new and have not drove for anyone befor .going to start with mcelroy feb 9 any info helpful thanks.

7. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    When did you find out about the 9th? Is it for certain?

The reason I ask is because I'm eligible for Feb 2nd and still don't have a solid answer yet. Just wondering how it went for you.

8. BIGCOUNTRY82

BIGCOUNTRY82 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2009
    NC
    I talk to them last week and that was what I was told and she said she would keep in touch so that is what I am going on .have not heard anything this week going to call next week and talk to wendy again. do you know anything about my dac guestion?

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    From a lot of drivers I have talked to swift is or used to be one of them that would put bogus info on your DAC. Like wrecks that you were never in.:biggrin_2554:

10. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    I can only go by what others say. It could say nothing or it could say quit during probation and satisfactory. If it was more serious like failing a drug test then they would note a negative. I don't think they would place a negative on your DAC if they just dismissed you for thier own internal reasons.

For McElroy I'm working with Wendy too. Phone interview seemed to go well but she still had to do verification stuff and I haven't heard back either. Said it all depended on whether she was able to get the app completed in time. Fingers are crossed.

11. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    It's possible they put something on it.

But the reality of it is, you've accepted another orientation date at another company. Quickly. So the odds of that showing when the other had your DAC pulled, is very slim.

It takes time for that information to be entered into your file. You could have beaten it, or it may not have been placed there at all.

Not all companies try to screw you. Just the bottom feeders, pretty much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.