DAC question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewbieRecentGrad, Aug 17, 2007.

1. munrkr

munrkr Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2006
    What does it mean...?
    I just got my usis report back. On the Transportation Employment History page, under the Accident/Incident Record, it reads as follows;

Equipment was involved in an occurrence or act that produced unintentional injury, death, property damage of any type, or resulted in the equipment requiring a tow (other than mechanical breakdown) while assigned to the driver regardless of fault. Adverse information is reported for 7 years.

Number of DOT Recordable accidents less than 7 years old: 0
    Number of Non DOT recordable Accidents/Incidents less than 7 years old: 0

No additional accident/incident information available.

[ END OF REPORT ]

I left a company during my second week of training. I just called dispatch and said I was getting out in Madison, leaving my trainer to continue to the east coast with our load. I sent a letter explaining why I decided to leave a couple days later, along with a fuel card (unactivated). I wasn't issued any equipment, in fact I had to buy the hard hat which I left behind.

So what is this report actually saying...? Does the script at the begining indicate that I did one of those bad things, or is the line saying that I had "zero" accidents/incidents, DOT Recordable or otherwise mean my record's clean? Welcome your coments. :biggrin_2554:

I accidently replied to a post about usis in the regulation section, so copy/pasted it to track it here in the newbie's. thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CulliganMan

CulliganMan Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2008
    North Jersey

Drive-A-Check (DAC) Services

That is whats on there web-site.

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Looks okay to me.

5. munrkr

munrkr Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Yeah, feel stupid asking, but knowing the less than ideal circumstances surrounding my departure, and the the way the description was presented kinda' made me feel like this was a ding on my record. Yes, I guess it's those zeroes that speak loudest. :yes2557:

6. BIGCOUNTRY82

BIGCOUNTRY82 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2009
    NC
    I went to orientation at tmc but left after the 3rd day just wondering what might be on my dac ? I am new and have not drove for anyone befor .going to start with mcelroy feb 9 any info helpful thanks

7. kirk

kirk Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    ks
    Why would you leave tmc??

8. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    They say only half of each orientation makes it. He probably doesn't want to get into details.

BIGCOUNTRY82 Thanks this.
  9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
  10. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Don't ever feel stupid asking questions about your livelyhood.

I had to read the thing twice, to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

11. hunts2much

hunts2much Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Michigan
    If I put an application in at a company and they run my DAC will my current company know about it?

The app I'm putting in is a long shot and I don't want my current employer to know I'm doing it in fear of some sort of retaliation if I don't get the new job. I would of course give at least 2 weeks notice if I got the job but the prospective job is such a long shot it WOULD NOT be worth the risk trying if my current company would some how know I was looking around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.