Dac report

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BCH, Sep 24, 2006.

1. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

When my ex tried to get his DUI's off his record last year, DMV required 13 years for removal. You are in California too, I wonder what the difference is?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I have been asking this question for some time. So, your telling me. If I pull a long form of my MVR. A DWI from 18yrs will not show? Is this information a general statement or for just CA?

4. NorCalTrucker

NorCalTrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Elk Grove, CA
    rookietrucker,

I am only familiar with Ca law but you can look up the vehicle code sections online for your state by doing an internet search for ex. search CA vehicle code and then find the link it may also be available as a link from your state DMV website. From there you will be able to find out how long it will stay on your record. You may have to call your local DMV office also but first I would pull the 10 year history and see what is on it.

leannamarie,

The DUI will stay on longer depending on the year of violation or whether it was in a commercial vehicle or a personal vehicle. So I may be wrong on quoting 7 years but that was the time frame in 1989 when I got my last DUI.

5. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Thanks, I will research my state and see.

6. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    I think my trucking work history is in error. I dont think the company I started driving with even has me down as ever working for them. I only worked for them for 2 and a half months but it should still be on there. I called the USIS hotline and sent them a letter with all the stuff. I tried calling them to talk to somebody but it always says something like "this message is taken by audix" or something like that. I guess I just need to wait for them to get back to me.

7. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Has anybody been able to reach a live person via phone?

8. Marmon man

Marmon man Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Sample letter you can download and send away for your report:

April 2, 2008

USIS
    P. O. Box 33181
    Tulsa, OK 74153

Ref: Your name..address etc..here

Attn: Consumer Report Division – DAC Report

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to request a free copy of my Consumer Report (also known as DAC report). I have not requested a copy of my report in the last 12 months. I am presently unemployed and expecting to find a job within the next 60 days.

I have enclosed a copy of my driver’s license and my social security card. Please mail the report to the address listed above.

Thank you for you attention to this matter and I am waiting for your answer.

Respectfully,

9. agindtown

agindtown Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Dac Reports Can Be Obtained By Calling This Phone # 800-381-0645

10. bbmyls2go

bbmyls2go Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    calling the number mentioned in the below post leads to an automated menu that directs the driver back to the website, www.usis.com.
    the recording tells the caller to go to the consumer tab at the bottom of the page and then fill out the on-line form.
    ***problem - there IS NO ON-LINE FORM***
    you are instructed to download a pdf request form, print it out, fill it out
    and manually send it via snail mail.
    it will then be 15 days (3 weeks) before you get your copy.
    So figure a full month from going on-line to getting the report.

There are posts below with the info that is requested in the pdf form as well as the address to mail it to if you don't have access to a printer.

edit for extra info :
    The pdf form allows you to select other reports however, so I would suggest using it.
    I have asked for my DAC report, my DMV record and results of drug screens (credit and criminal records checks are also available) to cover all bases.

11. Garagemanbob

Garagemanbob Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Greenville SC
    I don't know about sending anyone a copy of my SS Card
    Ant other way to get it and how long does information stay on it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.