DAC Reporting

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Lonewolf2000, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    That's what mine says, "upon review". Maybe I am wrong but it reads like "not sure if we want you back".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I know that's not the case on mine. LOL.

I called in sick and never called back. I got another job and didn't want my trainer to be left hanging without a trainee. She had a dedicated route that had her home on the weekends.

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    MIne somehow goes back to who I married. And job history. Long before trucking.

5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    I still have a tic. i got in VA. for being too long on a state hy. over 8 years ago on my dac report??

6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Tickets are not on a past employment report, on the MVR report.

7. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Only the last 3 years info shows up on dac.
    Mine is clean and still can't get hired.
    Companies use this as a quick peek at your record.
    Then they call for verification..and your real record is reported.
    Wish I knew exactly why I'm being denied.

8. Upinsmoke

Feb 26, 2019
    Quick and easy way to get dac report is to apply for a job using intelliapp.
    When the company runs your dac..its immediately available to view.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    WRONG

Mine has my life history. Including every truck job.

10. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    DAC deducts $2.50 off the motor carrier's bill for each termination report.

They have been in court enough times that their form is limited of check boxes to limit DAC's exposure to a client's possible poison pen remarks.

Most good safety departments will look at the reports and, possibly, question the applicant about the 'on review' and 'NO' entries. Remember the individual forms some carriers use also ask the same question with the check off for YES, NO, & ON REVIEW as well so it might NOT come from DAC.

The only real 'kiss of death' entry is "personal contact requested' at this waives a huge red flag that there is "SOMETHING" the former employer wants to say but can't put it on the report.

That's the real hidden tattletale in the report; DAC doesn't know if they called or not; they won't end up in 'court over it.....

Frankly if someone is a complete 'doofus steering wheel holder first class'; I am still hesitant to use 'on review' in case it makes the new company decide not to hire your problem child....

Way back I did use 'personal contact requested' and a couple years later a prospective carrier did call and listen to the 'problems' we had with the guy. the carrier responded with 'yeah, he told us that!"

The following year the guy pulls someone out of a burning car and becomes one of the "Goodyear Highway Heros"...go figure

The real problem is the who fills out the reports and previous information requests [I haven't seen DAC in years] but a lot of carriers are now using a service called Tenstreet, better faster, paperless compliance.....90% of the requests I get come through them...they want people to join in so the have the potential to be the new DAC and keep the files too!

Watchout

11. Upinsmoke

Feb 26, 2019
    I wish my report showed my complete history.
    Too many companies and dates for me to remember.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.