DAC reporting

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by pavrom, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    If you get an attorney and you threaten to sue, they’ll remove it. Because they know most likely they’ll lose. And then they’ll owe you money on top of everything else.

Nobody, including your former employer is allowed to just make up whatever they want about you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Yep ... I fixed ac long time ago but friday he was placed out of service for not having a log book and at the same time discovered his CDL suspended for nonpayment of child support . His gf picked him up in Lansing mi ... all the way from SC ... After Saturday he completely disappeared, recovered the unit yesterday... Its good it was only lansing

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Child support enforcement always cracked me up. Luckily I’ve never found myself in that situation. However the first thing they wanna do is take away a man’s means to make money to get him to comply. Only he can’t comply because they take away his ability to make a living. While the bill continues to increase more and more each month. Why don’t they let the guy work and just garnish his wages? Why would they suspend his CDL? Go get the money that the CDL is making!

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Most states have mandatory reporting of newly hired employees so that the employer can be notified of any garnishments that should be taken from their wages. A quick Google search shows Illinois gives you 20 days to report new employees. If he had been reported then you would’ve known he owes back child support.

6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Feds require you reporting within 20 days. Most states will comply with that.

7. wichris

Jan 17, 2011
    Did you file the new hire report? If you did you should have got the notice from child support about a suspension.

8. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I didn't ... Just asked to see if its worth the hassle

9. wichris

Jan 17, 2011
    Can be fined for not reporting.

Siinman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.