Daily Express Inc.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by fatgarfield, Aug 21, 2019.

1. fatgarfield

fatgarfield Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Cincinnati
    I don't think there is an easy yes or no answer for your question. there are so many what if scenarios that it could go either way.

I have now been at DEI for almost a year... on a scale of 1 to 10 my overall happiness is about a 6.5 to 7 it's not bad but it could be better. there are many pros and cons to my situation and your situation will be different than mine.

overall I don't see myself moving anywhere else for the foreseeable future, unless some crazy opportunity presented itself.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer, I wish you all the best.

2. Caboverbrad

Caboverbrad Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Cropsey, IL
    bonder45,

That’s quite the dilemma. What are the odds of getting the new job? $1,500 a day for 12 hours sounds really good, especially considering you’re home every night. Is it Monday thru Friday? Do U enjoy being home every night? Can U do the same thing day in and day out? How long will the job last? These are all things to consider. If it’s a good fit for U personally go for it. If however it’s not, then move on.
    That’s $375K a year working 5 days a week for 50 weeks. As I’m sure U are aware, that is serious money. With everything that is currently going on, I think it’s a no brainer but that’s just me. Some people though just aren’t cut out for the same thing day in and day in and day out, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
    U R in a great position.
    I farm full time and truck part time so I’m unable to commit to an opportunity like that. I also enjoy running over the road, especially if I can get into western Canada and Alaska. However I need to go where the money is.
    Not an easy decision for you. Ultimately it’s your decision. Weigh the pros and cons then do what you believe is best.
    Good luck and please let me know what you decide.

3. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    Well sh1t, not the answer I wanted hahah

I guess I will play it out, I’m back in Canada for a 2 week “vacation” ( quarantine ) so once that is over we will see if my bosses actually landed the job I’m supposed to get!

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Your about 30 years to late for Daily...... :(

5. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    That doesn’t help me!! I’m only 30 years old!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.