Dallas parking. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Bootheel Runner, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Bootheel Runner

Bootheel Runner Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Does anybody know good parking in the Dallas area? I deliver in Arlington tomorrow at 8 a.m. I don't care if it's paid parking or not as long as it's not insane . From what I can see everything is full. Can't even pay to reserve a spot at the TA. Any suggestions at this point are greatly appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Hang on for a sec. There's a QT with parking close to Arlington. I need to look it up for you..

4. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Have you tried Pilot or Flying J reserved parking? good luck.

5. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    That qt I'm thinking of is on Davis off Walton walker. Might work for you. There's industrial around there if the qt is full maybe driver there can direct you to places ok to park in industrial area. Good luck.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    It's sunday people. Paid parking was all full up many hours ago. Especially the QT. That place stays full 24/7 all the time with "long-termers". Odds of pulling through there just as somebody pulls out is slim to none.

Might try the lot next to US Cold Storage at
    3300 E Park Row Dr, Arlington, TX 76010

Also around White Wave Foods is some street parking especially if you have a reefer and act like you belong there.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Bootheel Runner and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I take it you cant park at the reciever

8. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Stay away from this guy's place.

2017101495100948.jpg

9. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    30 exit 3. There is an Exxon station with a dirt lot that doesn't appear on any truck stop guide. The owners don't care. There is a Sonic and a Subway there.

I know this because I used to live off of 30 exit 3 and I use to park there. You will be about 30 minutes from Arlington.

Cw5110, Dna Mach, QuietStorm and 2 others Thank this.
  10. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I look at the MAPS app on my iPhone, find the address and then open up the satellite view and look at roads in the area to see if there are any where I might be able to park on over night.

If you're coming down I-30 there are quite a few truck stops between Greenville and Dallas. I don't think they're all in the truck stop directories.

There aren't too many, if any, dangerous neighborhoods in Arlington that I know of, although the Tarrant County Sheriff does use bait cars.

(I found out the hard way when I worked as a non-consent and repo tow operator for 4 months. The first car I snatched was a Bait Car. I was wondering why Arlington P.D. and 3 SUV's were on my A S S :eek::eek::eek:).

There are quite a few cars that get stripped along I-30 between Ft. Worth and Dallas. If your truck breaks down on I-30, stay with it, no matter what !!!

Dave_in_AZ and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  11. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I'll likely regret asking but....what happened after they caught up with you?

I think I would have enjoyed being a bug flying about that roadside conversation. Heh.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Why do they call it the Department of Interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.