Danny Herman Trucking?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by doubletuff43, Mar 23, 2015.

1. coueshunter

coueshunter Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Pretty sure you're wrong...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coueshunter

coueshunter Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Edit

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  4. Bluewings

Bluewings Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Currently sitting in orientation. Will post update after first week

Attached Files:

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  5. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
  6. Milechaser

Milechaser Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Campobello, SC.
    Can anyone tell me how they treat their trainers? How does the training program work? Are they forced to run teams with student? What is the pay for training?
    I have over 9 years of training experience, and have been driving dry van and reefer trailers for over 13 years. Any info about DHT's training program would be greatly appreciated. Thxs

DRAGON64 Thanks this.
  7. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Toney, AL
    One of these I can answer, as the recruiter told me, and a driver confirmed it; trainers team drive with their trainee's.

8. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    Maybe 95k as a team driver split. LTL is where the real money is, no need to keep claiming DHT is the best paying job. Get a clue.

9. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Didn't anyone learn from the Branch Dravidian?

akfisher Thanks this.
  10. dominic23

dominic23 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Trained and I can tell you it’s pretty decent on the pay side but no type of matchmaking for a ideal good fit. Now they have two types of trainee programs. One is a simple refresher course where they have to register 200 hours of on duty driving. First 100 hours are trainee doing all the driving while trainee is in the jump seat then after that last 100 hours u run as a team. For recent grads they have to do 300 hours. 100 hours just trainee drives while trainer sits in jump seat and the last 200 hours are ran as a team. Now if trainer doesn’t feel driver is ready for final road test or if the trainee doesn’t pass his road test. Then the trainee is given a final shot at it only after completing 100 more hours of driving.

Trainer: 0.47 cpm with no bonuses just a flat rate for all your miles and trainees

Trainee: starts at 0.12 cpm for first 100 hours. Then for final 200-300 hours at a rate of 0.14 cpm. Both are with all bonuses.

Company try’s to put trainers in newer trucks when they can so expect a 2018 kw t680. 1800 watt inverter in all trucks. Also equip all trucks with CB.

State they pay for experience but it is on the very low end. Have heard stories from more seasoned drivers of talk of up to $2000 a week. But a lot of drivers tend to flap their gums a lot. Been here 3 years after I left prime and highest check training was $2200 (1700 after taxes).

Dispatch is very friendly and understanding. I have complained about issues of low miles whenever waiting for a trainee and dispatcher has worked with me to make things better but seems to only last 2 weeks. But they get you home when you need, emergency or not.

Pay scale for solo is starting pay $0.33 then goes up by only 1 cent for each year of experience as a cumulative (with DHT or not) as long as it’s verifiable.

Don’t have much info on team pay

Plenty of benefits but very costly. Medical is bcbs and it’s decent but comes with a $20000 life insurance policy for the driver(s). Dental seems like a waist as one has to pay for work done then is reimbursed up to a max of $1000 a year. Vision is the same up to $250. Legal shield is offered. Also life insurance, long and short term disability, cancer insurance, accident insurance, hospital confinement insurance, and 401k

We have a list of approved fuel stops and truck washes(1 every two weeks). But in the event u need a wash or even fuel and not near one of ours, the men and women in mountain city will open your EFS card to fuel. All cat scales are paid, in store or via app and we do require all loads over 24,999lbs do require a scale ticket. Transform is free with DHT via the mobile app.

Extra payroll============
    Orientation $300
    Advances $125 max
    Extra pickups and drops $15 each
    Shuttles $15 each
    Layover $100 for full 24 hours
    Sadly no detention

7 terminals
    -el Paso,tx
    -Fontana, ca
    -Laredo, to
    -Lebanon, ten
    -mountain city, tn
    -Nogales, az
    -phillipsburg, mo

11. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Are you guys running autos or manuals?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.