Danny Herman Vs. Crete. Suggestions? Honest feedback needed.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by WilliamReynolds1997, Feb 1, 2021.

1. otismyman

otismyman Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I didn’t think they did either, but it was on the map he showed

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I have said consistently on this forum. There is no one size fits all in this industry. Everybody's wants and needs are different. Somebody needs to run those loads from Riverside, CA to Columbus, OH.....and from Columbus back to Calexico. (My current run). I will likely pick up a load in Calexico and head back to Ohio or possibly eastern Tennessee or one of the Carolinas. It is my preferred way to run. Cut my teeth at Swift and ran so many short loads for a couple of years. 4-8 loads per week with live loads and unloads. Tons of California I-5ers as we called them. I could only average 1800-2200 miles per week. Plus it was not unusual to sit for hours or a day waiting for a load. Constantly flipping my clock. I prefer to stay on the same sleep wake schedule and run my ##### off. Lots of the same lanes, customers, familiar truck stops, fuel stops, etc. I love my job. I will retire within 5-6 years. Plan on finishing up with DHT.

Stonehjl, 1catfish, Rocks and 9 others Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Look at the arrows; they don't go to Northeast states.

5. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I might also add......it is very unusual not to have a pre plan 24 hours prior to my delivery. My DM knows my routine. I ALWAYS send a PTA to him on the QC 24-36 hours in advance. Many times I am running early and get my deliveries and pick up moved up to earlier times. VERY RARELY sit waiting for a load. If I do wait it is less than an hour or two. NEVER hours or days!

Stonehjl, Rocks, Need4Speed and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    At Swift, did you pull reefers or dry vans?

7. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Dry Van. Did some WM Dedicated 3 zone reefer loads.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Or northwest. We do not carry chains. Mainly 10-20-30-40-44 and north into the upper Midwest. Occasionally Nevada, Sacramento area. NO Washington, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana. ZERO I-80. Lord knows I don't miss that $#!+show ANY TIME of the year!

Rocks, Speed_Drums and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Like you said, depends on what a driver wants. I think I would really like Danny Herman but for some stupid reason I happen to really like driving the northwest. The winters are tough but I love those areas, especially Montana. Maybe later on when I get sick of fighting the winters I would enjoy something like DHT. Which company depends on a drivers personal preference. Forget those short loads, too much dealing with shippers and receivers..couldn't pay me enough.

Rocks Thanks this.
  10. otismyman

otismyman Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Ok I see what you mean. I thought all of the yellow colored states were the operating area. I thought the gray states were the ones they didn’t go to.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    You may need a new phone or monitor. Maine and Delaware are not yellow. We service the yellow States. Not the gray ones

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.