Dart fuel surcharge

Discussion in 'Dart' started by Tripwire, Oct 29, 2016.

  1. Tripwire

    Tripwire Bobtail Member

    2
    0
    Oct 29, 2016
    0
    How does Dart fuel surcharge work.
     
  2. ExOTR

    ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

    1,665
    1,761
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    0
  3. ExOTR

    ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

    1,665
    1,761
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    0
    In all truth, I'm assuming it's setup like anywhere else. Surcharge based on the national fuel average.
     
  4. Easy_Money_Trucker

    Easy_Money_Trucker Bobtail Member

    48
    28
    Feb 12, 2019
    Eagan, MN
    0
    It's usually stuck around 20¢ a mile.
    They keep part of what they actually receive from the Freight bills, and it is saved and used to pay for your empty miles. With fuel at $3.00 a gallon or more
    Like it is right now, I am sure they receive more than the 20¢. from the freight bill.
    It is not a 100% pass thru.
    It is sad but it is what it is.
    My estimations are they are keeping approximately 25 to 30 percent of what the customer is actually paying. And you might receive the other 70 percent.
     
  • Draft saved Draft deleted