Dart Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Dart' started by chevyman85, Apr 7, 2015.

1. jhudsonred

jhudsonred Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Just one question. If you clear $2200 a week after expenses, that is before taxes correct? So then you owe taxes on 2200. which is what $800 or so? Netting you $1400 a week. and I assume that's a good week? Seems like being a company driver and netting $1050 a week with no headache is the best way to go.

Texnmidwest, HorseShoe and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    I think 800.00 is a little bit steep. Even putting 25% for taxes, which is too much comes out to 550.00.

lostheart and highwayman Thank this.
  4. jhudsonred

jhudsonred Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Ok was just wondering. In my profession right now I make roughly 175k a year and I get nearly taxed 50% a year. That include federal, state and property. Probably closer to 40 if you just figure income tax. Have no experience at all in knowing O/O taxes. Considering getting out of the oil field and getting my own truck. Would defiantly have to study up on the tax part. That's what's always scared me knowing what I make now and what I have to give to the government.

5. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Thats horrible! Im just a Company driver, .46 cpm and my last 4 checks... $1,658, $1,632, $1,538 and $2,309. But thats the best month ever. My average is $1,250/wk. No worries, no problems of ownership. And yes, I can upload pix of Qualcomm notices of pay too. Home every other weekend and a week paid vacation every 90 days first year with the Company.

6. mydogIzzy

mydogIzzy Bobtail Member

May 27, 2015
    Yep...According to your best month at $0.46 per mile you have to be driving 3500 to 5000 a week.

patdaddy85 Thanks this.
  7. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Attached Files:

RedRover and mxpx148 Thank this.
  8. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

I also can make an additional.02cmp for fuel and saftey. Stop pay, dentention ect... Also the larger milage week had a carry over from the previous week. And yes, ELD too.

9. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Had to reta
    Had to take a pic of this one now. Like today is the first day of my pay week and I already have 1,599 miles in. Just got to Utah from Ohio.

Attached Files:

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  10. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

11. mydogIzzy

mydogIzzy Bobtail Member

May 27, 2015
    Not impressed. Your "best week" is what I was making in the 90's getting paid hub miles and less CPM.
    It's a shame 20 + years and the only thing changed is the regulations and the fat drivers of the 90s are now the extremely obese drivers of today.
    Common courtesy and definitely common sense dropped out the left door some time ago.
    Couple of days ago I was driving in a torrential downpour, in a 10 mile stretch there were three tractor trailers in the ditch.
    Just for the record,there are many of us combat veterans out here most of us choose not to brag about it.
    Thanks for listening
    Semper Fi

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.