Dart

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jimboob, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Also, not everyone has a decent enough credit rating, to go to a dealer, and finance a couple of years old truck. Sadly, those with poor credit seem to be the ones who want the instant gratification of "owning" a truck through L/P.

nightgunner and Fold_Moiler Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Probably how they got their crappy credit score... mine was awful. You gotta take the time to rebuild it and live within your means.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. Rollin' On

Rollin' On Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Texas
    I was asking questions to the recruiter at Dart about their lease purchase program, until she got mad and hung up on me. Hahaha! "There's a10K balloon payment at the end, but we will help you with that", she said. She told me that I couldn't get a Vovlo and be on the dedicated Target account because I wouldn't make enough money to pay for the truck. She said I would have to get their Freightliner instead. Hahahaha! I never laughed so hard in all of my life.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I'm clueless as to what is funny. At least she was being honest and not trying to sell you failure. Of course their pay rate does that, so....

Canned Spam and nightgunner Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well, if they're trying to talk me into a L/P. and I have my heart set on a Petercar, and they tell me, "we can get you a Prostar", I'm going to laugh too.....

7. Birddog316

Birddog316 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2009
    in the South
    Was with DART up til recently (1 month ago) got "forced" into retirment after being honest...Her's a brief synopsuis...been a professional trucker for 15 years...wanted a good lease purchase after 2 "failed attempts"-! with a used truck through a company that broke down 6 months later ( lease got terminated but i was able to reurn to company side)...about a year later (same company) I put down money to purchase my own truck outside of the company (same model/make and year-used)...thinking lightning could never strike twice...well 1 1/2 years later it did..managed to recover -$600 in the hole..within a day had that fixed..
    6 months later lease not renewed (truck was costing more in repairs than actual value)...I took 6 months off driving locally then went to DART...signed on a lease purchase..brand new truck my choice of color..
    DART is good about giving miles and loads and keeps you running IF you want to run...IF you are a lazy trucker you'll never make it anywhere on lp...drove for 2 years no problem..then a 4 wheeler called in on me (they were trying to pass me on a median on the right and I could not let them get by)...camera got installed in truck at mutual agreement...no problem...then 2 months ago i am driving up Hwy 1 in Indianapolis on my way to Ft Wayne at 2 to 3 am for PU..2 lane back country road pitch black no traffic...come to a flashing light in the middle of nowhere...slow down and cruise through about 3 to 4 miles up a deer on side of the road...so i move to left lane to avoid startling it and move back after passing...next thing i know the word lit up...town/county cop pulls me over...proceeds to tell me i was driving 70mph...passed through a light without stopping..and "weaved" ion the lanes...I calmly explained my side...truck doesn't go faster than 65...speed limit for back road is marginally 55...deer on side of road was reason for my lane change...and noone in sight at a flashing light but i did slow down..
    End result...an "extortion ticket" for 185.00 no CDL/MVR/DOT points on license...In honesty i reported it to DART...full disclosure....3 weeks later they had me at a terminal unloading the truck taking repossession of it...I told them my insurances were paid in full so i could just go to another comany with the truck and continue lease with Highway Sales...nope..not how it works...DART would not let me leave the premesis with the truck at all...$58,000 and an additional $7500 in maintenance savings...GONE...and i took the contract to a lawyer looking to sue...no go...they have it set up where IF you try to sue you can ONLY do it in Minnesota and it takes about 3 years to go through the courts...and a ton of money...basically you're screwed...

So...I WILL NEVER EVER lease again...period....and at this moment am so disgusted with the fact that being honest is NOT the best policy i have decided to stay retired from trucking...I am currently working a job at a factory locally...but if push comes to shove I can go back to trucking...just NOT with DART or a lease purchase with ANYONE..

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The definition of insanity has been said to be keep on doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Stop being a glorified company driver!!!!~
    Go start acting like a business owner, setting aside equity for rainy days, and the like. After saving for 1 1/2 years, you should have had a big enough maintenance/replacement truck fund that short of tottaling the truck you would recover.
    Oh, it might have hurt, but you would have been able to carry on. Maybe next time you try, you'll treat it as a business, instead of just "Oh shiney!!" Or worse "Oh, no more forced dispatch!!"

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. Braylean

Braylean Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Actually if I could figure out how tho black out my personal info or just crop a screencap pic I could show you a 2k net paycheck on a l/p. If I got my loads turned in in time I could probably show you close tho a 3k net check Tuesday. But both those weeks were proceeded buy shorter weeks due to carryover loads. And I've had negative paychecks, 2 to be exact, the first I was negative by something like 12 bucks and last check I was negative by 4 bucks and some change but I sacrificed that week to get a much larger average net for the two weeks combined on this check. If I got my papers in on time I will meet around 1600 per week for the two weeks. That's net Not gross. There are decent programs out there but allot of the problem is when someone comes here or other places to ask if anyone knows of a decent program, all they get is 6 or more pages of people complaining about people leasing and all the ones that are making a decent living doing a lease have bailed out of the forum because they are tired of proving to everyone every word they say is true. So to sum it up, probably half of all the people that fail at lease purchase programs fail because of you and people like you. If people would be constructive and actually try to help these folks that are determined tho make this work by pointing then in the right direction and actually helping when they have a fuel or finance question once they get into a decent program then there would be allot less fails and the megas would either have to make their programs workable our quit offering them because no one would be in the program.

10. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    You should know that you can not move the truck like that, you can move there truck but you have to pay off 50% are get a loan for what is owed

11. bigbyrc

bigbyrc Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    That means "TYPICAL SCAM", THAT'S WHAT THOSE TWO COMPANIES LOST THEIR CASES FOR!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.