Dash Camera that uploads offsite..

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Concorde, May 24, 2019.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I currently have a Garmin 35 that I’ve been using for a couple years now but I’m looking for something a little more advanced..

Figure mine is useless if I were to be in a wreck that destroyed my camera..Truck gets torched..etc.

Wondering if there are any cameras that offload to a remote site..something affordable for a one truck operation..

Omega1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Great question. I don't know the answer, but watching to see other responses.

4. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    your thinking is a tad bit extreme bro. if camera is destroyed in wreck so will you. If you truck is on fire and you think the dash cam will save you from liabilty, just yank the thing off the windshield and take with you on way out the door. just saying man

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    the Data useage alone would be Really really high. Streaming video 24/7 would be very costly...

roshea Thanks this.
  6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    I want it just for that reason..if I get killed.

My family will know what happened and would help Law Enforcement with their investigation.

Paintedonpants, D.Tibbitt and Omega1 Thank this.
  7. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    I get the OP's post. Don't think it's extreme. Would like to have the same technology. Record it to the cloud, so it can be accessed remotely without having to download it.

Paintedonpants Thanks this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Most of the bigger fleets that have dash cameras use something similar to "drivecam lytx" system.. It uploads to lytx third party server as soon as u record or an event is saved... No idea if its for personal use or just fleets

Concorde Thanks this.
  9. Paintedonpants

Paintedonpants Bobtail Member

May 24, 2019
    People monetize everything these days. A grandmother sued her grandson, his mother and her homeowners insurance policy/company due to an injury to her arm from a hug from him. Punitive, loss of wages, medical bills etc. She got paid. Don't think for a second someone wont sue your estate/insurance if you die or are involved in an accident and they think they can squeeze a few $. I dont know of any device but you could get an unlimited data on cell and live stream on a youtube account. You would have dropoff areas and have to restart the live streams but have coverage in most areas. My home surveillance video does this in case robbers rip off the equipment so im sure there is a mobile application as well.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    That was the direction I was heading... I have a Verizon hotspot in my truck... and home wireless network... just look into home surveillance options and modify for a truck... while I’m not looking to stream to the cloud, although it’s possible, I’m not far from this... hotspot, WiFi, Apple Mac mini, HomeKit options, ... Just about anything I have in my house, I could setup in my truck... just need to add a camera...

Should be possible.

shogun and Paintedonpants Thank this.
  11. Paintedonpants

Paintedonpants Bobtail Member

May 24, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.