1. Grocery3359

Grocery3359 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2018
    You get what you pay for. Garmin 20 is good. I upgraded to a 65 now. Boss knows I been using for years. Cuts down on calls into office when cars lie on you. PS mine been to court twice for other drivers. Get a card made with your phone number on it!

flood and Texas Rebel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I have a BlackVue dash cam. It uses a microSD to record and wifi to transmit to my iPhone. Which is slower than molasses.
    The microSD can be removed and hooked to a Windows or Mac computer, it contains the software for both to view the footage, including speed, location data and shows it all on a running map as the video is playing when hooked to the internet.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Which one do you have?

6. tech10171968

tech10171968 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I'll put it this way: a few years ago I got something on my record that, if I'd had a dash cam at the time, would NOT be there. I've been running one ever since. Having one really cuts out the "He said, She said" BS. Truckers almost always lose that game because we're not exactly popular with people, and folks will hang us out to dry in a heartbeat.

In fact, next time something happens to me like that incident I mentioned, I won't even mention the dash cam. I'll just let the sucker lie his butt off to the cops: then, when he's finished weaving his stupid tale, I'll just cue up the footage on the camera and watch all the color drain from his face.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  7. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    I use one called DOD LS460W. it has gps, g-shock sensor (automatically saves the segment when a jolt is felt), over write protection for saved segments, and a bunch of other features.

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Make sure it has a "parked shock sensor save clip option" for parking lot incidents. Some of them go into standby after sitting for a while.

Texas Rebel Thanks this.
  9. #wishfulthinking

#wishfulthinking Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Central Iowa
    I've been researching several different models of dash cams and reading reviews and I still can't decide which model to purchase myself. What makes & models are you guys & gals using, and which ones would you recommend using or staying completely away from?

10. Texas Rebel

Texas Rebel Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2018
    Muleshoe,Texas
    Thank you Peterbilt 2005...

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  11. Texas Rebel

Apr 15, 2018
    Muleshoe,Texas

12. Texas Rebel

Apr 15, 2018
    Muleshoe,Texas
    That's why im getting one.....right there.

13. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I was in bed about 4 years ago and got woken up to my door mirror getting ripped off my door and my hood getting pull off my truck., as I was getting up a saw the driver get out look at my truck and drive off. when I called the great pumpkin they said that THAT truck was in that state at the time.... I just said "do you want me to send you the video from my dash can.....?" the next words they said were "where are you going to get it fixed so we can pay for it"... never even asked to see the video.

about a year ago I got up to go inside the truckstop. as I looked outside I saw some pour guy just standing in front of his truck holding his shower bag looking at his hood laying on the ground...… so I pulled the sd card out of the dashcam, found the video of the truck that hit him.... by the time the cop showed up and had moved the video to a cheap small sd card. walked over to the cop with my laptop and showed him what happened and handed the driver the sd card "your company will need this"

I have 2 dashcams running ALL THE TIME

• Truckers Report Jobs