DAT load board and Truckstop

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Doing_flatbed_nc, Aug 29, 2018.

1. christonka

christonka Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    I use truckstop, they just updated there website here recently. Im not sure how I feel about the way they did it though. The part I don't like is all the loads without prices on them. I mean if they take the time to post the load they can atleas take the extra 10 seconds to put a price on it. As for the ones that call after I see there load, if I feel like having some fun I will give them a ridiculous amount to haul it. I have lost count of how many loads I have given a ridiculous amount for and get it. Or if they post a price I'll ask them to add an extra $100 onto the price and some of them will do it. others might ask if I would take 75 or 50 extra instead of $100

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. christonka

christonka Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    My question for the group now though is: Is there a good load board for oversized or overweight flatbed loads? I have seen a couple here and there on truckstop but not a lot.

4. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I use Dat quite a bit worth it to me

5. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I'm open deck and just dropped truck stop. It's all the same loads on both load boards. Very rare a load is on one and not the other

I dropped truckstop cause of 2 reasons. 1st dat interface is soooo much better. 2 I HATE that brokers can see that you've looked at a load and will call you on truckstop. If i was interested in the load I would call the broker

Vitkouski and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  6. Boosted_SC300

Boosted_SC300 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2018
    I personally use DAT for flatbed, ive always had much better luck with it than truckstop for the states that i run.
    I believe it was ATS that made their own load board that appearantly combined ALL the boards into their own, i remember getting a couple emails from them about it but never clicked the link. Anyone got a review or heard anything on it?

7. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    I think I got so used to Truckstop I don’t like the DAT interface. I think it is just what one gets used to.
    I wish they would add a button press to make it to where brokers don’t see you looking at loads unless you are “really” looking at that load. I don’t mind them seeing if I am really interested but often just comparing makes it a pain in the ### when you get that phone call. I have learned to use it to my advantage a little bit and developed a few relationships with brokers who have called after I’ve peeked. But yes that can be a #### pain in the rear.

I had both DAT and Truckstop for a month and got rid of DAT, then when Truckstop switched formats I was so pissed at them not vetting it properly and certain functions not working I reopened DAT acct. literally don’t use it so it is about to get closed again. Truckstop fixed all my complaints fairly quickly. Don’t like the price but part of doing business. I have used the post a truck function on both boards once. The call I booked a load with came from Truckstop but that was probably a fluke. I think the answer is go with the board you feel best about.

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  8. cgilliland

cgilliland Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    when truckstop switched format i thought it was something i was doing like i hit a different view or something!

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That was actually the only feature with ITS that considered useful. I would see the loads I like or want and click on them then just wait on the call about it. I still ditched it about 6 or 7 years ago though. Too #### slow, laggy and buggy. Been using DAT Power ever since with no complaints.

10. cgilliland

cgilliland Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2017
    truckstop still has more rgn oversize

11. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Truckstop revamped their loadboard today and it's ####ing terrible now. If you click on a load info pops up but there is a ####ing ad front and center to subscribe to even more of their ####. It's especially bad on phones, which is probably how 90% of its customers view it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.