DAT load board is it worth the money??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by The Highway Hustler, Jul 17, 2019.

1. The Highway Hustler

The Highway Hustler Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2019
    So outta the masses of load boards what’s the top 3-5 based off experience for dry van?? OOIDA vouches for DAT Load board input on this??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. just_sayin

just_sayin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Bristol baby
    Dat and truckstop.com, used to be called the internet truckstop. Those are the two big ones, a lot of the bigger brokerages have their own loadboard. CH Robinson, coyote, XPO, JB Hunt, Landstar. Truckstop.com loadboard has a few more gadgets than dat. One I can think of off the top of my head ,is how much interest there is in the load you're looking at. It will show low medium or high, in reference to how many people have looked at that particular load.I think dat is more user-friendly, but they're really both about equal. dat seems to have a few more loads posted than internet truckstop. I think Uber has a loadboard also but I've never used it. Convoy is another one I can think of but I've never used it either.

Aovy and The Highway Hustler Thank this.
  4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    @just_sayin pretty much said it all.

I use DAT power.

5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Back when I had loadboards, DAT was THE one to have. Internet truckstop was cheaper, but was second in line. Those two were the only paid loadboards that I remember keeping all the time. We did try some others, but those two covered it.
    They both had different levels of service that you could pay for too, iirc. It is possible that one was more for a broker though.

6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I have DAT power but I'm going to downgrade. I'm just not getting any use out of it, Everything I book is through Convoy or Uber.

7. that's like a good VCR can watch good clear quality tapes..
    oh I think missin is a good cue pager you're in you're all set with the DAT load board nowadays..
    unfortunately what seems to post now is stuff that nobody wants to haul and 9000 other different places have it it's the same exact load as they bid on it that's what it looks like to me anymore tql landstar but these are all garbage loads

8. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    The $35/month truckstop on a desktop does a tremendous amount more than the $35/mo DAT phone app. Long story but i havent been able to use DAT desktop or ITS app so i cant tell you on that.

I can keep the truck rolling with bare bones dat on a phone but i can identify a lot more info back at base using their ITS account when theyll allow it for a few minutes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.