DAT Power vs. ITS Pro?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by TallJoe, Jan 17, 2017.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Power should be standard in this day and age. Truckers Edge is just funny with its primitive interface. They use the same database, though. It is like watching the same show on an old style TV set vs a 4K TV set. But $150 a month feels a little pricey, if you ask me. But they charge and I pay. So this must be the right way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The hot map is "I wish it were true" so far for me. I still hope to be proven wrong.

Scott72 Thanks this.
  4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I think a $150 is fair. If your competition wants to cheap out with a $39 subscription and be wasting their time looking at nonexistent loads or loads that have already been looked over by you first then that's good for them.

Getting good information quickly is worth something imo. The hot map is yesterday's info. May or may not apply to today. But I've said it before and will say it again if you know the volume trends in a few areas the hot map might have more relevance.

If there's 10 loads to 1 truck but only 100 loads and 10 trucks that looks hot but the volumes is way low. If it's a 1,000 loads to 100 trucks it *might* be a hot market in some markets.

In Chicago that would be a "hot market map" but the freight will be moving off the board really cheap 1,000 loads to 100 trucks in a 100 mile radius. In my area it would be smoking hot name your price on just about anything.

trucking.shine Thanks this.
  5. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Last week the south was hot according to the map. I don't know, I did not go there but it was all in red. True about red La area towards the end of the last week. I looked at that area last week and even the posted rates reflected that. I am sure it must be backed by real data. I even had a lengthy talk with one of the reps about it, who are very pro, by the way, always pleasure to talk to them. Maybe I should go down to a red zone and camp there for a while and see if hot is really hot. LOL But so far for me being in hot zone...I was not seeing/scoring anything.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah its really hopping down here right now. Get it while it's good. Only trouble is I am busy with other things right now and not trucking it up. That sucks but I'll be back in the game before too much longer.

7. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Is the Lane Marker feature extra? The demo made it look like it comes standard with Power, but clicking on it asks for an upgrade.

8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It is extra and I forgot how much, but its price was too much for me to even try it.
    It's supposed to show who paid what to who or something like that if I am not mistaken.

9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Uber freight is good if you are in dead area and just need anything to get out. In a busy area is worthless. Convoy also has very few loads available everyday. So far nothing can beat DAT

10. joshjosh

joshjosh Bobtail Member

May 24, 2017
    ITS is better for FB or OD/Specialized loads. DAT is better for Van/reefer

CactusJay Thanks this.
  11. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Not really. I've seen a couple decent paying loads, but their freight is very limited right now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.