DAT Power vs. ITS Pro?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by TallJoe, Jan 17, 2017.

1. DLJ

DLJ Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    ITS is buggy , they just game a 30$ credit refund

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's why I ditched them several years ago.

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I noticed there is a nice feature on DAT Power: Quick Rate Search. I did not see it before. It will give you an average pay for the last 15 days between point A and B. It appears in a pop up window and gives a quick rate check. Whether is adheres to reality or not is another matter. I like the tool though.

KB3MMX and rollin coal Thank this.
  5. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I pull reefer and use DAT Power only. I also use the DAT loadboard app. They have other tools you can get but they cost money. The tools would be a huge benefit if I had a small fleet running. I’m just two trucks right now.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    DAT Power has a lot to offer I doubt I use even a tenth of the tools on it mostly because I don't know about what's on there. Their customer service will gladly do detailed tutorials one on one with you. DAT customer service really is second to none, in any business. They go above and beyond to help you get the most from their service. Way superior to ITS. ITS was the buggiest most aggravating waste of money I ever tried to use.

7. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I read that DAT compiles those numbers based on information from factoring companies.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I am trying out the DAT Truckers Edge Pro...They have a different hot region indicator from DAT Pro. They show loads coming in and coming out without showing the load to truck ratio as well. Can you judge a region's freight supply without knowing how many trucks are expected to get loaded? Maybe...but rather indirectly - you can do this calculation yourself, by seeing the number of loads posted and trucks ... I understand, that from their marketing point of view, they have to gradate features in different versions of their products but this is done silly, almost by annoying ...resembles selling a nice car without power windows, you have to crank them open.
    Another thing, in their $50 version they show 90 days rate avg and in the $100 version (Pro) they show 15 days average... another funny thing. Maybe, if they were selling only one product with all the features included, for $75.25 they would be better off anyway.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    rollin coal Thanks this.
  9. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Information has value. I like the 15 days average info and find it useful. 90 days is just too old and not valid. Even the 15 days info can be off but it's always been a much better indicator for me in areas I don't go to that much than the 90 day one ever was.

So they have yet another different deal available? How much is this DAT Truckers Edge Pro? I'm paying $149 a month for DAT Power. I know they have a $100 version that also offers 15 days lane average but dunno what it is called. Maybe they call it Pro too?

DAT Pro shows inbound and outbound loads. You do a reverse load search to figure it out. For example if you book a load delivering to Columbus, OH on 5/1/18 you can do a reverse search of Colmbus, OH for 5/1/18 to see how many inbound loads are going there. You leave the origin blank on the load search and put Columbus, OH on the delivery point. You can also see posted equipment. It's how you can look for imbalances in areas.

10. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    They improved the interface which now is on par with Power. They added all the columns, which you have in Power, including the rate column and there is a window pane on the right which shows all the info about a posted load as you scroll through them, so you don't have to click on them individually to read details. There is that tri - haul feature, which I never used, by the way. All in all, It feels much better visually.
    You can't do multiple searches though, no reverse search and the search result is not live...just a snapshot, which you have to refresh manually. Then, of course, there is still that engineered delay by half a minute or so...They have to make Power somehow superior. LOL I think it is a good product for the money.

Edit:

So roughly speaking TruckersEdge have 3 tiers now
    1.$35 no rate AVG
    2.$50 90 days rate AVG
    3.$100 15 days AVG it is called TruckersEdge PRO - that's the one I am talking about.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  11. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I am thinking of going all the way and test that most expensive version, which includes LaneMakers... I spoke with DAT salesman about it, he said for 1 truck and trailer that could be an overkill (I appreciate he was so sincere) for over $300 a month....but that Lane-Maker feature discloses concrete brokerage names and shows what they actually paid on given lanes....now this maybe really good...you call them and tell them "Hey dude...I know you paid them $XXX last week, how about you pay me that too?" Ha Ha Ha...it may be worth the money, if you think about it.

I also subscribed to ITS Pro....not very impressed. DAT is better, I think that also with the content - I started with DAT though, so I could be a little biased.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.