Davis Express, Inc. - Starke, FL.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by truckntim80, Aug 25, 2006.

1. southpoint123

southpoint123 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    i filled out application for davis express two days ago how long does it take for them to respond thanks any help is welocome

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    I heard Southpoint/Greatwide was losing Publix come April. Any idea why? Rumor is it has something to do with Wal-mart. Rumors are usually not accurate. If your job with Southpoint is in jeopardy, I wish you good fortune in finding a job with a good company.

4. southpoint123

southpoint123 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    yeah i worked for southpoint for 6 years use to be good company ever since greatwide took us over they have taken everthing we had like hub miles taken trucks home with us safety bonuse they have taken a great company and ran it it dirt i seen this firsthand they didnt even give us a reason there closing publix pays good look at the old southpoint new trucks every two years top of line trucks and trailers got payed by hub mile its over now so i put mt app in with davis express they do the same thing

5. JackMac

JackMac Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Florida
    I wanted to check up on this thread and see if anyone cares to comment on Davis Express as of mid 2011. I am looking into them and want to get a current status.

I am in Vero Beach and like the idea of just running the SouthEast with no trips up to the NorthEast, New England. I also happen to love running at night, less traffic and hassle.

If anyone is still around from Davis your comments would be welcomed. Thanks!

6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    look around the site here. do a search.

there is a more current thread here somewhere......

7. JackMac

JackMac Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Florida
    There is a more recent thread but with no real info, decided to go on this one as it has more info.

I am curious to see if anyone is running the 7 on 7 off schedule they offer, I ran that with Wal Mart years ago and it was pretty reasonable so long as you slip seat with another clean driver.

Thanks for any feedback.

8. gewarr

gewarr Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2008
    green cove springs, FL
    Im not sure on the exact safty rating put it is satisfactory we now have e log so no more out of service for log violations. 3-5 days out is not right you work for 7 days and get 48 hours off no more, less if you let them. The trucks are newer model kenworths a couple of petes and a couple of macks. Be ready to sit for 20+ hours in Dacula GA so take something to keep you entertained. I,ve been with them for almost 3 years now and things have changed so much. DOT came in and ripped them a new one so now all truck have Quallcom with elog, so mile have decreased now i average about 2300 where i used to get 3000+ thanks to the gustapo (DOT). They used to have the 7 on 7 off so it was tuesday to tuesday not sure it they still offer it or you can have every other weekend off which means you get home late saturday and leave monday 48 hours later.

9. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

What can you Florida drivers tell me about Sunstate Carriers out of Tavares? Are they a decent company? I'd like to know their operating area and their home time policy.

10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Sunstate has a website,

they are an above average company......

11. Va/Ky Driver

Va/Ky Driver Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Ky,Tn,Va
    Well. this Davis thread died. Any new info on them? Hows things going there? I see them at Tyson in Goodlettsville,Tn pretty often.Nice trucks and what not.Oh and do they run in Ky or is that to far north? Running in the Southeast is a great area to run.I always liked it when we were delivering to Wally Marts in Ga,Fl,Al and Sc.But that was back in the day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.