Day 1 Central Training

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Truckin2Eat, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Day one started out by being in or outside the lobby by 4:45. Shuttle leaves around 5:00 - 5:10am. First few minutes they talk to you, get your ss card, birth certificate , and license. Next guy will come in you take a drug test don't do it if you or not clean they enforce this he repeats it the instructor, and the guy that gives you the test. Next you will take your physical (goes in abc order) she will give u eye exam. Then make you take clothes off in room(everything except shirt and draws/boxers. Check each side of nuts and tell you cough, blood pressure, another simple eye test by looking into them. After everyone is finish Central ordered Pizza Hut for us, you have to provide own drink. Then move on to classroom instructorexplains about Company, and safety. Next you will sign contract and other paper work. That's day 1 hopes this help others I'm gonna try and do day for day until up with the trainer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oaker

Oaker Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    SW Ohio
    Good luck driver...

4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you.

5. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    good luck man. im a central driver. i remember all that.

6. Truckin2Eat

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    When did u graduate buddy?

7. Truckin2Eat

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Day 2 meet your instructor. She is a nice lady just means business, you will go over general knowledge for for cdl permit test, you will be given a practice test over general knowledge, combination , and air brakes. She will only grade the general knowledge section. I guess she just wanna c where u at on the themYou will also learn to do a log book test if you don't already know how to.

8. Truckin2Eat

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Day 3 go over combination brakes, and air brake questions. Take General Knowledge practice test, Combination, and Air brakes. She expects you to be at least making around close 80 because she just gave you the answers. Day 4 you will go over all three sections, she expects you to be making close to 80 and not missing the same questions you missed the previous days. They also give you a study guide with every question and answers from her test which is the same test from Dmv but is worded a bit different. You will go over the test. Day 5 you will take the final which is a 100 Gk, 45 combination, and 60 Ab. If you do not make 90s u will go home and not be sent to Utah, I hear she will except 85 or better. All 15 in our class made mid 90s to 100s we started with 22 students to mention. I'm headed to Utah by the way on the Greyhound as i write this.

9. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Enjoy !!!

Keep us updated.

10. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    forgot about this post. i got my cdl by myself in november. but i trained in january with a trainer

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.