days to delivery

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by last load, Jan 31, 2013.

1. last load

last load Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2013
    sheridan,il
    my broker,, tells me i have 5 days after pick up to drop the ltl load,is this a reg or just a rule of thumb,any one know,,thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. saddleup

saddleup Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2011
    magnolia, ky
    thats a long time to sit on anything, hope there are some goods miles and pay to go with it.

4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    LTL?

Get it there ASAP..and you said "drop"....or do you mean "deliver"? LTL always wants their freight on their docks in the quickest time...they can better serve the delivery to final destination better.

windsmith Thanks this.
  5. 2insane

2insane Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2009
    USA
    Why would you keep a load for 5 days in a trailer??? What do you want to haul this load to China?

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    If you want it there on a particular day and time, then you pay the full truckload rate. If I'm giving you an LTL rate, it gets there when I get it there, and your customer will unload within 30 minutes of my arrival during business hours, or they will be paying detention at $50/hour.

It sounds like what the broker is saying is that they want it no later than 5 days from pickup. Less than 5 days is fine, but they are willing to wait 5 days. This gives you time to pick up and/or deliver other LTL between pickup and delivery points.

I would consider that reasonable, unless you're going from Seattle to Miami.

7. last load

last load Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2013
    sheridan,il
    thank you ,,thats how ive been running it for my broker,im gettting my own authority and was wondering if it was ok that way.just got back into trucking 2 years ago again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.