Dayton Freight

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Chucky5502, Aug 29, 2019.

1. trucker4life

trucker4life Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Resurrecting an old thread:
    Anyone still working at Dayton Freight that can verify the pay system? The job announcements say $.59 cpm to start with pay raises at 6 months. Does this mean every 6 months to top pay like other LTL companies? What is the top pay for line haul drivers? Thanks

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Raises are at 6 mos, 1 yr, and then top scale at 2 yrs (in addition to the annual raises that come every May). Current top scale is $0.697/mi and rumor has it our raise coming a couple weeks from now will put top scale around $0.72/mi. I will know for sure very soon. We are competitive with most of the other LTLs, with lots of decent perks beyond the pay scale.

You can reasonably expect in normal times to get around 500 mi per night and 1 hour on the clock for drop/hooks and fueling. However, these days are not normal and I've been running over 600 mi most nights for the last year now. We are very busy. Come join the fun!

LPjunior1970 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Get it while you can. for next 90 days all new class a hires start at top rate.....

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  5. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    need to update this ....

6. Bob Dobalina

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Go ahead, driver! You're the one on "vacation"!

7. Bob Dobalina

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Dayton Freight now hiring at top scale

Other than hiring at top scale for the next 90 days, they basically changed the progression to start higher (previously the 6 month wage), then a raise at 1 year and top out at 2 years (in addition to regular yearly raises). They also bumped our third week of vacation to start the January following five full calendar years of employment.

8. Jarad

Jarad Bobtail Member

May 16, 2021
    What kind of hours are you guys working

9. Bob Dobalina

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I'll just say that a lot of drivers, both road and city, are complaining about how many hours they are working. Not sure of an average in the city, but many of us road drivers are running over 600 miles most nights. A few weeks ago I ran 3250 miles despite being home daily. That's why we desperately need drivers. The company is turning down freight left and right because we don't have enough drivers to move it all.

10. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    and other drivers run their bid only..... able to stop for hr long naps.... stuff like that.

11. Bob Dobalina

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    ↑↑↑ Check this guy out bragging about his life of leisure!

Seniority has its privileges. You better hope one of those guys above me doesn't take that run next time around haha!

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.