DD15 560hp boost psi

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by MrNobody7657, Oct 5, 2022.

1. MrNobody7657

MrNobody7657 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2022
    I just got my DD15 tuned to 560 and my question is how much boost do y’all normally make going up hills, under a load etc?

At factory hp of 505 I was pushing 32 psi but now it gets as high as 37 psi at times.

Also does anyone know how much boost these turbos can handle?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Is it tuned by Detroit? Gotta be careful with the DD platform. The tolerances are tight and extra heat closes up the tolerances and you'll melt her down.

Phoenix Heavy Haul Thanks this.
  4. MrNobody7657

MrNobody7657 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2022
    It’s Tuned by a fella who has worked with Detroit for years but no not by specifically by Detroit their self..

It’s been tuned for a couple of months now; I go from Kentucky to Alabama back to Kentucky every night so I go up and down a lot of hills and mountains and she doesn’t get hot or anything like that. We keep inspecting oil and filters too to be safe.. but in 7-8-9 and 10th gear the boost at WOT on a pull can go up to 36-37ibs maybe higher idk but gears 1-2-3-4-5 and 6th boost is perfect 32 or below so because I’m a worry wart I’m constantly watching the boost gauge to keep it below 33-34ibs. Also if I may add we just put on a new turbo, air to air, charge pipe etc on too.

I’m just wondering what is “too much” for these turbos?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.