DD15 - Freightliner

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by MTMAUS, May 13, 2022.

1. MTMAUS

MTMAUS Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2019
    Hi All, I just bought 2 x Freightliner argosy in Australia with DD15's, both trucks have little known service history.

1st - 2017 with 685,000 miles
    2nd - 2013 with 295,000 miles

I very much doubt any major work has been done to both trucks, the little information I got suggested nothing major has been done.

Is there anything I should have done to them other than a full service? I was reading online that maybe I should do the oil pick up o rings?

How often do you need to change the fuel filters on a DD15, I am only used to spin on filters, not sure how often you should do these type of filters?

The 2013 has a bit of up and down revs at idol, I think they call it loping? Reading on the forum this should be the quantity control valve?

Any other filters that may have been missed if the previous owners was doing basic servicing (coolant, blowby filters etc???)

I have never owned a freightliner or detroit before, any advice is appreciated

baha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    If it's having low oil pressure that's usually the problem. Otherwise I'd leave it until it does. If you have to pull the oil pan for any reason though it's worth it to just go ahead and change the o-rings.

I do a PM every 25K miles.

Yep. That's almost always the fuel quantity valve and they're expensive. About $750 for the part here. Loping can also be caused by plugged orifices under the delta pressure sensor. You can clean those out with a pipe cleaner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.