DDEC II for Series 60 - Nexiq Pro Link help needed

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by freightlinerman, Mar 19, 2013.

1. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Pablo, as someone said the cable I ordered as linked above will work, correct?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightlinerman

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Does anyone know where I can get a NEXIQ 201007 DDEC I/II cartridge for a low price? I see them pop up occasionally. I was considering the Allison application card VS the Allison cartridge. Thoughts?

4. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    0726280214im.jpg

Wires 900/901 are datalink

and for example truck with 6 pin connector, so you can see how easy to install 6 pin connector from JY) LOL
    TM-9-2320-302-20_1896_1.jpg

5. freightlinerman

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Some strange things went on today. I tried again and got a little farther, but not enough to do anything.

I will get the following messages:

"MSPI COPY RIGHT 1996" With the logo
    INSERT PC CARD (Even though its inserted)
    "BAD COUNT = 122 1st" and some other jargon

I actually had it plugged in and recycled the ignition and started the truck, it began to flash diagnostic codes on the dash CEL. As far as I can tell, the following codes flashed, all non-related to the MSPI and were probably past codes stored.

AT one point, I got into the menu before it shut off. I believe I was at RS-232 serial port. Another time, it asked me if I wanted to start a new session. Then, after 5-10 seconds the screen shuts off and it starts beeping at me. What gives?

22 - TPS Lo Volt (With the engine running and the reader plugged in, throttle was disabled while it flashed codes)
    35 - Oil pressure
    42 - Synchronous Ref Sensor
    43 - Low coolant level
    54 - Vehicle speed sensor
    61 - Injector response time long
    62 - Injector response time long
    63 - Injector response time long
    64 - Injector response time long
    65 - Injector response time long
    66 - Injector response time long

I'm editing a video now showing just exactly what happens:

Beeping and no display: http://youtu.be/JD_pnT-MM30
    Shows boot screen, insert PC card, shuts off and starts beeping: http://youtu.be/FPtkqG_mmhs
    CEL flashes at one point: http://youtu.be/aDadBpYpwDA
    Error message displayed on Pro link: http://youtu.be/YAbsFJnXEKU

Attached is a picture of the error message.

I'd like to add, I checked power from the end of the connector which is fed by the cigarette lighter, I'm getting a good ground and a steady 13.70 volts from the connect. With the cigarette lighter unplugged, I found one pin with 4.7 volts I believe and another pin with 13.70 too(not from the cigarette lighter, it was unplugged), I also have a ground wire if I recall on the OBD1 12 pin plug in FROM the truck. I tested the power from the end of the serial cable that plugs into the Pro Link 9000 itself.

I was going to go to a truck stop, but decided to wait and find a repair shop that has a pro link who may be able to lend a better hand. Does anyone have any clue what is going on? Or what the red button the side of the Pro Link is for? It never came with a manual, and I'm unable to find one online. Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    I cant be sure, becouse I use DDDL with all DD engines.

Ok, about codes... seems to me all codes are stored. Eraze fault memory and try one more time.

7. freightlinerman

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
  8. rebel127

rebel127 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2011
    monroe ct
    I always used ddl so I'm not much help but junkyardkid on here is familiar with prolinks.

9. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    why not to purchase 6 pin cinnector on JY and change it

10. freightlinerman

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Why not, well the connector that's on there should work. There are other trucks out there with the same one. There is no guarantee splicing a 6 pin circular connector will even work.

11. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    from MAZ-5443 manual
    MAZ was offered with DDEC-II in 90-s after crash of USSR. They installed two connectors, one 16pin other 6-pin Deutch. There was no J1922 used, only J1708/1587 datalink for diagnostics.

These old really Soviet trucks keep tunning over here with DDEC-II and I have no problem to hook them up with DDDL

Oldironfan, 8V92 and freightlinerman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.